• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Employment Contract Dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Contract Dispute

Hi All.

A bit of background into my wage enquiry.

My name is Hughie Johnson and I live in Scotland

I am at present employed by Legion Scotland in a social club as a Bar Person and have been since September 2011.

I don't know if this is something that the members on this site can give me some advice on.

I have an Employment Contract with my present employers Legion Scotland and I have exhausted all avenues of approach with the Club committee to best sort out my Public Holiday wage issue with the club but without success, I have given the club over eight months to sort this out as I thought I could do it without going outwith the club.

The club has either misplaced laced or lost my employment contract.
    I have my copy but the problem is that when I handed back in my original signed contract to the club that was the last I seen of it, my copy only has my signature on it, when this dispute started I showed my employer my copy but they are now saying because it wasn't signed by the club they are not going to recognise it although I know my original copy was signed by my employer when I received my employment contract over three years ago.

Back in February 2016 I discovered that the club wasn't paying me correctly for my Public / Bank Holidays, I spoke to the club committee that I hadn’t been paid Time & Half for working on The Public Holiday the previous week according to my employment contract I should be getting paid Time & Half plus a day off in lieu if I worked on any of the Public / Bank Holidays.

I was informed that I have never been paid Time & Half for many of the Public /Bank holidays or been given any Day off in Lieu.

So when The club committee stated that my statuary Public Holidays has never been paid at Time & Half and with no extra day off in lieu, That meant that I was never paid correctly for the previous year’s either that I worked on any of the other Public / Bank holidays would be the same.

That was when I started looking into my Employment Contract & Terms of Conditions.

I asked them to look into just four of my Public Holidays each year going back to my employment start date September 2011 plus Queens Diamond Jubilee in June 2012.

1. St Andrews Day.
    2. Easter Monday.
    3. Spring Bank Holiday.
    4. August Bank Holiday.
    5. National Holiday Queens Diamond Jubilee on 05th June 2012.

Also I have now discovered that I have not been paid any Holiday pay from Sept 2011 - Dec 2011

The problem is that if I had to work on a Public Holiday my employer was not paying their staff Time & Half or any day in Lieu according to what it states in their Terms of Conditions.
    My employer has not paid me Time & Half on quite a few occasions and never given me any Days off in Lieu over the past five years under what my Terms of Conditions state until I noticed this in February 2016 & brought it to their attention and have been trying to resolve this matter since then with no success.

My employer is still saying that they are not going to pay me Public/Bank Holidays if I was on my :
    weekly day off after doing my 40hrs
    On Annual holiday
    off work sick receiving statuary sick pay

Can you advise me if my employer is correct in doing this.

I would be greatful for any advice on the above.

Best Regards,
    Hughie

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X