• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway & Train 4 Jobs - How to complain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades Gateway & Train 4 Jobs - How to complain

Hi all,
    I've read many posts re Trades Gateway. Having had the pleasure of asking gone of their "advisors" to leave our house after he tried to get my son into a credit agreement I want to share some of the research I've done and how to complain and who to complain to:
    [edit]. You only need to do a google search to realise [edit]. They are run by a man named J Telensky and their sales director is a man named M Tuckett.
    It appears they [edit] i.e. those needing new jobs or better jobs and try and get them to sign up to a training course. [edit]
    I took some advice and basically they have no choice than to give you a full refund if they have mis-sold you the product i.e. it was never suitable in the first place. The important point though is that I spoke to the FCA who regulate the credit loan and they said [edit] plus they should not be putting vulnerable people in a credit agreement.
    So if you google FCA[edit] and get your money back plus everything you've paid.
    [edit]
    Last edited by Amethyst; 24th May 2016, 19:56:PM. Reason: [edit] text removed due to complaint from Marlborough Information Services
    Tags: None

Re: Trades Gateway & Train 4 Jobs - How to complain

Yes please put a complaint in to the FCA - you can send copies of the documents - particularly outline the sales process to them. It is on the radar. Also speak with Consumer Direct (citizens advice) as they log complaints about companies which then gets passed over to Trading Standards when there's enough complaints.

Well done sorting out your son - were you present at the first sales visit ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Yes please put a complaint in to the FCA - you can send copies of the documents - particularly outline the sales process to them. It is on the radar. Also speak with Consumer Direct (citizens advice) as they log complaints about companies which then gets passed over to Trading Standards when there's enough complaints.

Well done sorting out your son - were you present at the first sales visit ?
      No I wasn't there at the first visit. I am going to write to the FCA as I've no doubt if I hadn't come home my boy would be signed up to a £7,000 loan which he thought was something he just paid as the course went along!

[edit]
      Last edited by Amethyst; 24th May 2016, 15:41:PM.

Comment

When you make the complaint to the FCA make sure you include the reason's the sales rep gave for returning for the second visit, and of course that your son thought it was a simple pay as you go arrangement. Also if he left any documents when you booted him out, send copies over to the FCA. Do you know which company the credit agreement was to be with ?

The FCA won't give you any information what they are doing, I have had a positive response this morning so it is being looked into.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          When you make the complaint to the FCA make sure you include the reason's the sales rep gave for returning for the second visit, and of course that your son thought it was a simple pay as you go arrangement. Also if he left any documents when you booted him out, send copies over to the FCA. Do you know which company the credit agreement was to be with ?

The FCA won't give you any information what they are doing, I have had a positive response this morning so it is being looked into.
          Is it a good idea to link all the posts here and get a sample letter so everyone can complain properly to the FCA and copy and paste their names to it with a part for their own circumstances? [edit] just reading the other posts???
          Last edited by Amethyst; 24th May 2016, 15:41:PM.

Comment

Yes I think that is a great idea, much as I despise templates it does seem this is a situation that warrants it.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

CONTACT DETAILS.

METROPOLITAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS
              ATL
              MIS Ltd., 80-88 Collingdon Street, Luton LU1 1RX
              Telephone: 0845 450 49 80*
              E-mail: info@atlpt.co.uk
              SCHIEDIGGER TRAINING
              Address: 80 Collingdon St, Luton LU1 1RX

Phone:01582 707800

Train4Jobs

Metropolitan International Schools t/a Train4Jobs is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z5103695
              By Telephone: 0808 168 4753 (Freephone)
              By E-mail: info@train4jobs.co.uk
              In Writing: Train 4 Jobs at Hamilton House, 80-88 Collingdon Street, Luton, Beds, LU1 1RX
              Train4TradeSkills
              As part of Metropolitan International Schools,Train4TradeSkills is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z5103695
              Train4TradeSkills, Hamilton House, 80-88 Collingdon Street,
              Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 1RX
              Telephone: +44(0)845 050 7675*
              SKILLSTRAIN
              Address: 80-88 Collingdon St, Luton LU1 1RX

Phone:01582 707800

MARLBOROUGH INFORMATION SERVICES
              Train2Game
              Marlborough Information Services Ltd., 1st Floor, Kinsbourne Court, 96-100 Luton Road, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 3BL

Previously part of Metropolitan International Schools
              BrightSparks Welding
              part of Marlborough Information Services

Bright Sparks Welding Kinsbourne Court
              96-100 Luton Road, Harpenden
              AL5 3BL

Trades Gateway
              Marlborough Information Services Ltd (registered office)
              Kinsbourne Court
              96-100 Luton Road
              Harpenden
              AL5 3BL
              0808 1686961

FINANCE CO's.

CAREER FINANCE 4 TRADE SKILLS
              By Telephone: 0808 168 1134 (Freephone)
              By E-mail: info@cf4ts.co.uk
              In Writing: Career Finance 4 Trade Skills Limited; PO BOX 1006, Aylesbury, HP20 9JA

BARCLAYS PARTNER FINANCE
              Barclays Partner Finance is a trading style of Clydesdale Financial Services Limited. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England. Registered No: 2901725. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HPYou can contact us to complain by calling 0800 15 22 888 or email us at customerrelations@barclays-loans.com or write to us at ;
              Barclays Partner Finance, PO Box 2501, Cardiff CF23 0FP.

CARNEGIE CONSUMER FINANCE
              151 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 2JJ

CAREER DEVELOPMENT FINANCE LTD
              56 Collingdon Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 1RX
              info@career-finance.co.uk or write to the address below. P.O.Box 815,Luton, LU1 1WZ
              http://www.career-development-finance.co.uk
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello, iv had a similar problem with trades gateway. Has anybody successfully cancelled? I'm terrified that they will destroy my credit score if I stop making payments. Please advise!

Comment

Hi,I'm new here and wana know more about that reserches which have no answers.please

Comment

Originally posted by Mcdonutevil View Post
                    Hello, iv had a similar problem with trades gateway. Has anybody successfully cancelled? I'm terrified that they will destroy my credit score if I stop making payments. Please advise!
                    I am in the same situation like you...i did forward the case to Financial Ombudsman they will do some researches and hopefully i will get rid of them! Is a big time problem....thats not even a good course,i did apply for the electrician.
                    Btw i did cancel my direct debit to them...and after 3 months they did passed to a debt company.

Comment

How do I complain and get my money back?

Comment

hi i was sold a gas engineer coarse by atl practical trianing and wondered if anyone had any advice to how i can get my money back as i have now realised it was mis sold and i would not be able to get the job i wanted through the qualifications they were offering. also is atl practical learning linked in to these other companies and has anyone being successful in gettng a refund or have you had to take them to court?

many thanks any help will be appreciated

Comment

Hi

My partner was also mis-sold a course from Trades Gateway. He has written to both Trades Gateway and the Finance company but both are saying he has to pay until it is finished even though he has never started the coursework. He was never told it was a finance agreement, more a pay as you go system with a sponsor and the finance company does not take direct debit payments, he must phone each month and pay with his debit card. I was on maternity leave at the time of the visits and we would never have taken on a loan at that time - this is causing us financial difficulty each month.

Any advice on how to move forward with this would be much appreciated. Even if it is just to get out of the payments.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

When did he sign up initially with TG ?

You will need to make a formal complaint to TG and the Finance company spelling out how the course and finance was sold / mis-sold to him. Not sure what you have written to them so far but might be worth posting it up and their responses see if we can help with a response that can formalise the complaint and give you the 8 weeks period after which he can take the finance complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. He should also make a complaint to the FCA re the loan part ( they don't act on individual cases so would just be recording a complaint ).

Is the finance company CF4TS or Career Development Finance? If CF4TS this from the FCA might be of interest regarding contious card payment authority - something to bear in mind if he does phone to give them his debit card details - ensure that NO CPA is set up ( and I'd inform his bank too)

3. CF4TS shall by 3rd October 2016 provide all of its existing customers in writing the following information in relation to the Continuous Payment Authority:
                            a. information about the basis on which further attempts to obtain payment under Continuous Payment Authority ("CPA") will be made and the frequency of these attempts; and
                            b. information about whether part payment may be sought under the CPA and, if so, the basis on which and frequency with which payment would be sought and whether part payments would be subject to a minimum amount of percentage; and

[MENTION=90889]kenney[/MENTION] Yes ATL is linked in with TG via various convoluted routes etc - this one? http://www.atlpt.co.uk/
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello Amethyst your work so far is very much appreciated, from the amount of problems people are having is legitimate to say trades gateway are selling there product in a misleading way ,I am on the electrical course and believe was mis sold due to them saying only required 2 weeks at training centre deliberately mislead by them saying couple of weeks which by my definition a couple is 2 when I fact 5 weeks is required I only learnt this after receiving second part of training materials a year into my course is very upsetting as 5 weeks impossible as I could not have that amount of time off work also the high cost of 5 weeks accommodation incurred away from home ,when I had visit they rushed me asked for more time to consider but they said decide by visit next day they didn't ask anything about previous education and I have struggled to train myself the course is not really suitable for someone with no prior experience expected a lot more from them considering cost 6500 which will be wasted as no way can do 5 weeks away please post the complaint letter that allowed previous poster the get a refund any help very appreciated thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X