• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

new member saying hi and needing help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member saying hi and needing help

Hi everybody,
    new member here
    i need help with Cabot/Mortimer Clarke they have bought a debt of mine approx £1800 with a marbles credit card
    They have issued me with a court order for the above amount in Northampton county court business centre
    I haven’t a clue how to sort/defend this action and I’m not very computer savvy I might need pointing in the right direction for letter templates etc.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Vidooks9 View Post
    They have issued me with a court order for the above amount in Northampton county court business centre
    Hi & Welcome

Just to be clear have you been issued with an Order, so telling you that a Judgement in Default has been made against you?

Or have you received a Claim Form N1 for a claim filed against you?

If you are unsure there's an example of the Claim Form in the First Steps guide. Alternatively you could post a copy of what you have here with any identifying details removed to allow us to see. Once we know exactly what we're dealing with then we can guide you through what you need to do.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Comment

I have acknowledged and defend in full yesterday also I have sent both requests off today
        cheers

Comment

I have acknowledged and defend in full yesterday also I have sent both requests off today
          cheers
          It's just a waiting game to see what comes back now.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

These letters have come back from Cabot

Comment

These letters have come back from Cabot
              Okay, stick to the timetable of the court. Prepare a draft of the Example Defence ready to file.

Comment

Had a look at defence example but wouldn’t even where to start other than claimant and defendant and case no
                do I use every one of the statements or do I use just certain ones any help will be much appreciated

Comment

Just the ones that are relevant ( to be honest that will be most of them - I think you can remove the one about the debt being statute barred as the account wasn't opened until 2016 ) and as it is a credit card you can remove all the mentions of s.77 as it falls under s.78.

Keep in

that you made a CCA request and they haven't provided the agreement
                  that you made a CPR request and they haven't provided documents
                  that you haven't had notice of assignment or default notice ( if you haven't )
                  that they haven't given a breakdown of the amount claimed

Have a go and post up the draft and we'll give you a hand I'm sure
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

draft of defence
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

You still need to file a defence as they have already brought a claim against you.

Comment

Hi is that defence draft ok and do I have to post it to the courts
                          tia

Comment

Hi is that defence draft ok and do I have to post it to the courts
                            tia
                            Yep, that's all you can file at this time and it looks fine.

Comment

Hi received these today from Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X