• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Legalbeagles. Help needed. Breach of contract Mcol procedure.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savj View Post
    It was the new trial I looked at. The yes, no answers, came back with, not suitable when the question was asked, is there more then 1 defendant.
    Indeed, you'd have to use the old system https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome OR do it on paper ( as you go through the new trial and it says NOT SUITABLE it should link you to the relevant documents to print - although then you get lumped with the higher court fee ( MCOL has a discount to paper filing) - so I'd give the old system a go first )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The current MCOL system should allow you to add two defendants to the claim if there were joint sellers.

If you have multiple claims for different causes of action then I would suggest that you insert headers and separate out each of the claims so it is clear what allegations you are making. For example:

Failure to give vacant possession

1. Discuss the breach of contract elements first

The Defendant's removal of fixtures and fittings

2. You then go on to discuss the fixtures and fittings that the defendant has removed, contrary to what was agreed in the contract and make sure to refer to the relevant clauses of the contract and list items missing. If you paid a certain value (as opposed to a lump sum) for the missing fixtures and fittings then you need to list the value you paid for each item.

3. You could also have a claim for tort of interference of goods too for conversion as an alternative claim. Where you are seeking an alternative claim, you would usually writing something along the lines of "Further or alternatively ..." but don't worry too much about this I can provide some wording.

You then do the same for the gates, but you have mentioned that this is a breach of regulations. I'm not sure what regulations you are on about but you need to be specific and refer to the exact regulations they appear to be in breach of. As for misrepresentation, that would likely apply if there is something on the Replies to Inquiries that could assist you but if not, then your claim is largely based on breach of contract.

I would suggest that you have a stab at drafting something yourself, in a similar format that I presented in my previous post. Upload it on here (make sure to redact personal info) and we can comment on it further.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Good afternoon,
        I apologize for such a long time between posts. I've been waiting for details back from my Solicitor. The paperwork is finally in my possession, so I've been able to finished my attempt of a POC. A copy of which I have attached. I do hope that I have followed your guidance correctly and I've not made too much of a pigs ear of it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good afternoon,
          I apologize for such a long time between posts. I've been waiting for details back from my Solicitor. The paperwork is finally in my possession, so I've been able to finished my attempt of a POC. A copy of which I have attached. I do hope that I have followed your guidance correctly and I've not made too much of a pigs ear of it.
          Pigs ear pffft, I'd say well written and well put.
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Is it correct to calculate the interest on all the claim or should it just be for the items that we have actually paid out for, ie, removals, hotel already been paid for but we haven't purchased the replacement goods or repaired the gate as yet.
            Tia.

Comment

Just the loss, so things you have paid out for.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Good afternoon Legalbeagles,
                I thought I'd update you with my longtime coming claim.
                Well I finally filled in all the forms, which I must say without the help on here I don't think I would have taken on. Sent the forms, poc, evidence and the fee in, then crossed my fingers. I received my notice back saying that the claim had been sent to the defendants and they had until the 12.12 to reply. No reply has arrived so I'm just in the process of sending in my completed N205A form, to enable the court to make judgement on the amount I should be awarded.
                I would like to say a big thank you, especially to Rob for your invaluable guidance.
                I will keep you posted on the final outcome.
                Thanks again.

Comment

give it a couple of days before next move

Comment

I contacted the court to check if they'd received anything. I was told nothing had arrived within the timeframe given so I could complete the N205A form and send it in.
                    I read a few comments saying, get your form in ASAP as the defendants response would take precedence over the claimants completed form if received first, even after the deadline.

Comment

Good evening Legal beagles,
                      I'm a little perplexed, so I'm hoping someone can help.
                      I've just received an email from the court stating, 'Request for Judgment. This is being returned to you as a Defence has been filed.' I have not received any further information regarding what has been defended.
                      Am i right in saying that the court has received a completed form from the defendants and if I am correct, how would this be possible for the form to be accepted as I checked to see whether they had responded by the date given and they had not. I emailed my Request for Judgement form to the court as soon as I had that information. Any ideas?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Good evening Legal beagles,
                        I'm a little perplexed, so I'm hoping someone can help.
                        I've just received an email from the court stating, 'Request for Judgment. This is being returned to you as a Defence has been filed.' I have not received any further information regarding what has been defended.
                        Am i right in saying that the court has received a completed form from the defendants and if I am correct, how would this be possible for the form to be accepted as I checked to see whether they had responded by the date given and they had not. I emailed my Request for Judgement form to the court as soon as I had that information. Any ideas?
                        Thanks.
                        The court may have received the defence at the time you had enquired, but not yet added it to the claim file. Once they got to it's turn in the admin pile after you had enquired they have applied the information to the file.

You should get a court order asking how you wish to proceed with a copy of the defence in due course.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X