• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge met parking services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge met parking services

Hi, I’m completely new to these type of forums, so please bare with me if I make any mistakes thanks.

Ive received a parking charge from Met services yesterday!! Is there anything I can do? I’ve uploaded a photo of the letter I’ve received please HELP
    parking charge letter that I received
    Tags: None

Yes, you will not be paying it. A simple BOGOFF letter stating that they have failed to meet the requirements of POFA to hod the keeper liable.

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the registered keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the prescribed relevant period of 14 days, contrary to section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me.

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

Hopefully they will cancel immediately but if it goes to the next stage a POPLA appeal, they will accept the appeal, unless they are having a really, really bad day.

Comment

Really appreciate the quick response hope this works.

Comment

Hi, I’ve received an email from met services regarding my appeal for the fine they sent!! I’ve attached a phot of the email. Please advise!!

Comment

As expected. First of all take down that letter and remove the POPLA code then repost.

Now you are writing an appeal to POPLA. The major thing is, of course the failure to deliver the notice to keeper with 14 days as required by POFA 9 (4). Add in the other things that are missing, such as no warning to kepper 9 (2) (f), no period of parking stated 9 (2) (a) ( find as many as you can) and no readily visible signage as can be seen by their own photo on the NTK

Put it all in the letter to POPLA and request that they accept the appeal as there can be no keeper liability because of the failings under schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

Explain it all fully in your appeal as though your were writing for 5 year olds.

Post up for critique before you send.

Comment

How do I take the photo down? Or the post!
            Doesn’t give me any options!!

Comment

It does in the bottom right of the post, a box labelled "Edit"

Comment

Hi, this is the letter I am gonna send can u please check it for me !! & is there anything I should add? N also where to add it in thanks!

Re: PCN at BP garage Stansted airport

I am contesting the NTK on the basis of MET Parking not adhering to the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 Schedule 4 Recovery of Unpaid Parking Charges on the following points.

Paragraph 9(2)(f)
                f) Warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—
                (i) the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and
                (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,
                the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;

Met Parking did not warn me of this.
                Paragraph 9(5)

The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

The NTK was issued 43 days after the date of contravention.

Comment

Add in that the signage was unclear and you require them to produce a copy of the contract to show that they are entitled to act on behalf of their principal.

Comment

I am on the popla website there’s a section asking
                    Can you upload evidence to support your position?
                    shall I leave that blank?

Comment

leave blank

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X