• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Link Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Link Financial

Hi,

i have received a letter from Link Financial saying that i have not advised them to why i have stopped making payments BUT i have never made any payments to them! they have said for me to call them but i would rather not as then they will have my phone number so do i write to them with a copy of the letter they sent me saying basically can they tell me what this relates to????

If anyone could help it would be most appreciated
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Dazza001 View Post
    Hi,

i have received a letter from Link Financial saying that i have not advised them to why i have stopped making payments BUT i have never made any payments to them! they have said for me to call them but i would rather not as then they will have my phone number so do i write to them with a copy of the letter they sent me saying basically can they tell me what this relates to????

If anyone could help it would be most appreciated
    Yep, write a letter or email them. Never phone as you might say something in the moment you'll regret later and what is written down can't lie.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you i am unsure really what to write as not really had a letter like this before so do you think it would be ok for me to just say the below?

If anyone could advise that would be really helpfull

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number
      Saying that I have not contacted you as to why I have stopped making payments to you, BUT I have never had or made any payments to Link Financial

Please can you refrain from sending me any more letters

Regards

Comment

Dear Link,

Account No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt owed to your company.

On xxxxxxxxxxxxx 2018 I received a letter from you, dated xxxxxxxx 2018, regarding the above account asking why I have ceased making payments to Link Financial.

I have never made payments to Link Financial and am not aware of any debt owed to your company. I have not received any notice that any debt has been sold or assigned to Link Financial.

I request that you send further information and provide copies of any notice of assignment, original agreement, and a full statement of account relating to the alleged debt forthwith. I will not enter into further communication with you until this evidence has been provided and withdraw any perceived permission you believe you have to telephone me.

Yours sincerely

xxxxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Thank you very much for your help as not good at writing things like this, so thank you again

Comment

It's okay, you don't need it to be legally or anything, just think asking for the evidence now is a good idea if they're going to keep bugging you.

Anything show on your credit file attributable to LINK ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

i don't know anything about my credit file or where to look

Comment

clearscore
                Noddle are free to use

Comment

There are three credit reference agencies, Experian, Equifax and CallCredit

To obtain the files for free you can sign up to MSE Credit Club ( Experian ) - Noddle ( CallCredit ) - and ClearScore (Equifax ) - OR you can send a request for a copy of your file in writing to each agency with a postal order for £2 each.

Experian 'Statutory Report' can be ordered https://experian.co.uk/consumer/statutory-report.html ( don't sign up to their monthly fee service !)
                  Equifax here - https://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/c...ry-report.html
                  CallCredit - https://www.callcredit.co.uk/consume...-credit-report
                  be careful they don't sideline you into a monthly payment thing as you can get them all for free at Noddle, Clearscore and MSE Credit Club.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi

Have received another letter from Link Financial - please can you advise if the below is ok to send them as ii am not very good at this sort of thing

Dear Link,

Account No xxxxxxxx

On 19th July 2018 I received a letter from you, dated 16th July 2018, regarding the above account asking why I have ceased making payments to Link Financial I have never made payments to Link Financial.

You sent me a letter dated 10th July saying that Barclaycard have assigned my debt to you so I had a standing order paying Barclaycard every month so that’s the reason why you have not received any payments from me

In the letter dated 10th July you have stated that you will honour the agreed arrangement I had with Barclaycard of £1.00 per month so I have now changed the standing order to pay into your bank on the 1st of every month so you will receive a payment on the 1st August 2018

Yours sincerely

xxxxx

Comment

Did you check your credit files to see if this showed on there at all ?

With regards your above reply to their latest letter - it really might help to see their letter to you. Presumably it says that the original debt was to Barclaycard, that Barclaycard have sold the debt to Link financial ( and enclosed a copy of the notice of assignment?) and that your payments should now be made to Link Financial. AND you have been making payments to Barclaycard to date?

Bear in mind that Link likely paid 10% of the debt to Barclaycard, so could be worth investigating further - can you give any background to this Barclaycard debt, when was the credit card taken out, how much is the debt, when/how did you agree the £1 token payments and how long have you been making those payments for etc ?

While you are paying £1 a month you are keeping the debt alive and there is still nothing to prevent them taking you to court to either increase the instalment amount or get to an enforcement situation.

A CCA request would likely be in order before you change your standing order over to Link.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Link1.PDF Link2.PDF Link3.PDF

Attached are the 3 letters i got and one is from Barclay Card saying that the transferred this to Link on the 30/09/2016 but this is the first i have heard about it
                        I can't remember when the token payments started i would have to check through my paperwork, but i had the credit card a while and the debt is for around £6000

I would like just to send them a letter saying something as from Link 3 letter i have 7 days in which to contact them

I know it's vague but this is something that i'm not very good with at all

Thank you for your time on this

Comment

Okay, so really you want to try and maintain the status quo on this and keep the £1 payments going until you're in a better position to settle or increase the payments?

Okay so the letter dated 10th of July is what they sent in response to your letter on 4th July ? Then they've sent another letter dated the 16th July ( which doesn't seem to relate and appears to be an auto ' Next letter ' to the original letter.... so really you want to be replying to the letter dated 10th July first.

SO....

17 July 2018

Dear Link,

Reference: 1513246 - Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Barclaycard

Thank you for your letter dated 10th July 2018 in response to my request for more information dated 4th July 2018. I note that you have enclosed a copy of the notice of assignment from Barclaycard and confirm the payment arrangement in place with Barclaycard, via the Citizens Advice Bureau, will continue to be honoured for at least six months.

I have therefore amended the payment details with my bank and the payment will be made to Link Financial at the account details given by standing order from the 1st August.

I trust this is satisfactory.

Kind regards

xxxxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's perfect - Thank you very much for your assistance on this

Comment

I just want to keep paying this for the time being until i can work out how much i will be able increase the payments to them after the 6 months is up

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X