• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax attempted Charging Order.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax attempted Charging Order.

Hello all,

Hopefully you can try to assist me. Since 2014 I've had real problems with a local Council trying to charge for council tax on a property i was refurbishing.
    I promise to keep brief and to the point!!
    I refused to pay because the house was literally a shell, with an Asbestos issue. Constantly disputing any liability to any debt, yet the Council racked up their charges stating:
    1 A Compliant had been laid before a Justices Clerk.
    2 Liability Orders had been issued..
    I had written to the Court asking for adjournments until i had received requested copies for my defence.
    Repeatedly, having kept receipts of postage in many cases, never once have they supplied any official paperwork apart from spreadsheet copies that do not resemble any official Orders?..
    So, four years later, completely out of the blue, they've attempted placing an interim charging order on my property (incidentally, they have been paid regular since the property was let a few years ago). I've had no prior notice of this being conducted, the Court which dealt with this was the other side of the Country… I've now resorted to a Subject Access Request to the Council in question asking for details of this case, so far receiving only a letter from their legal department stating that this charging order has been served. Land Registry have acknowledged this, I've notified them of this situation and they've held off for fourteen days before placing the charge on my property.

What can i do?

My dispute has been legitimate from the start, I've been ignored from the start...

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X