• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** discontinued ** Court claim from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** discontinued ** Court claim from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2

Hi everyone,

I have received a County court claim form from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 for a debt they have purchased for a credit card from 2004

I'm about to send the CPA Request and CPR Request letters off as explained in the guide.

Any further guidance would be grafefully appreciated

Thanks

Peter
    Tags: None

Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14
    Request Subject Access Request Letter always a good move but to originator no charge

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14
      Request Subject Access Request Letter always a good move but to originator no charge
      I have requested the CCA and CPR but had no reply.

I will send the subject access request letter and I have until 9th July to submit my defence

Comment

Example Defence

if your request is out standing up to the day before need to submit i.e. by 4 p,.m working day then state the date of request in the defence and state no response received, but later in proceedings they will have to supply NOte:-
        Last edited by MIKE770; 26th June 2018, 21:49:PM.

Comment

@ des8

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            Example Defence

if your request is out standing up to the day before need to submit i.e. by 4 p,.m working day then state the date of request in the defence and state no response received, but later in proceedings they will have to supply NOte:-
            Thanks fir the reply,

Today I have received a letter from the Claimant's Solicitor saying:

We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated made under C.P.R. 31.14 for documentation mentioned in our particulars claim.

We are currently in the progress of retrieving the documents requested.

Therefore please accept this letter as our agreement to a general extension of time. Once we have provided you with the documents requested we will grant a further 14 days for you to respond to the Claim Form as you feel appropriate.

Does this extension of time mean i have a further 14 days on top of the 28 days from receiving the Claim?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pscomp View Post

Thanks fir the reply,

Today I have received a letter from the Claimant's Solicitor saying:

We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated made under C.P.R. 31.14 for documentation mentioned in our particulars claim.

We are currently in the progress of retrieving the documents requested.

Therefore please accept this letter as our agreement to a general extension of time. Once we have provided you with the documents requested we will grant a further 14 days for you to respond to the Claim Form as you feel appropriate.

Does this extension of time mean i have a further 14 days on top of the 28 days from receiving the Claim?

Thanks
              No 28 days on top of the 28 days, 14 on top of the 28 days plus a further 14 to consider your position legally once they have availed you with the documents requested.

You need to inform the court that they have agreed to an extension and enclose a copy of their letter as proof.
              COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

No 28 days on top of the 28 days, 14 on top of the 28 days plus a further 14 to consider your position legally once they have availed you with the documents requested.

You need to inform the court that they have agreed to an extension and enclose a copy of their letter as proof.
                Sorry to sound stupid but this is my first time doing anything like this.

How do I inform the court? via post or via the web page I acknowledged the claim through?

Thanks

Comment

You can either email them or write them a letter.

Assuming that it is the County Court Business Centre in Northampton that issued the claim, here are details of contacts: https://courttribunalfinder.service....ss-centre-ccbc

If you email use the "Claim responses & directions" address.

Don't forget to include a scan/photo of the letter from the claimant.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

You can either email them or write them a letter.

Assuming that it is the County Court Business Centre in Northampton that issued the claim, here are details of contacts: https://courttribunalfinder.service....ss-centre-ccbc

If you email use the "Claim responses & directions" address.

Don't forget to include a scan/photo of the letter from the claimant.
                    So to get my dates correct, the date on the claim form is 6th June and adding 33 days to that is 9th July.

I emailed the court and attached a copy of the letter saying the client had granted a 28 day extension so I'm guessing my defence will need to be in by Monday 6th August?

So far I haven't received anything back other than the letter from the claimants Solicitor granting the 28 days.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah, 4pm on Monday 6th August 2018

Comment

Yeah, 4pm on Monday 6th August 2018
                        A quick update on my case.

I've had nothing back from the CCA Request or Subject Access request from the Claimant.

I've had no paperwork back other than the general extension of time from the Claimant's Solicitor.

Should I now be looking at getting my Defence letter together now?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by pscomp View Post
                          A quick update on my case.

I've had nothing back from the CCA Request or Subject Access request from the Claimant.

I've had no paperwork back other than the general extension of time from the Claimant's Solicitor.

Should I now be looking at getting my Defence letter together now?

Cheers
                          There's no harm in getting a version of the Example Defence together, but they have until Monday to provide you with documents.

Even if they do not provide them, then you have until 6th August to file due to them allowing the 28 day extension.

If this were being handled by a professional (no offence intended) then if nothing was forthcoming by Monday then on Tuesday they would file an application to strike out the claim as an abuse of process, however that carries a risk of costs being awarded to the claimant from the defendant if they were to come up with the goods between filing the application and the hearing of it, although the application should be made as a "without hearing" application the court may decide one is needed.

It would be wise if they don't come up with anything before Monday to promptly on Tuesday file the example defence and then send them a copy of that defence with a cover letter confirming you have filed due to them missing they deadline and inviting them to discontinue.
                          Last edited by jaguarsuk; 17th July 2018, 09:26:AM.

Comment

There's no harm in getting a version of the Example Defence together, but they have until Monday to provide you with documents.

Even if they do not provide them, then you have until 6th August to file due to them allowing the 28 day extension.

If this were being handled by a professional (no offence intended) then if nothing was forthcoming by Monday then on Tuesday they would file an application to strike out the claim as an abuse of process, however that carries a risk of costs being awarded to the claimant from the defendant if they were to come up with the goods between filing the application and the hearing of it, although the application should be made as a "without hearing" application the court may decide one is needed.

It would be wise if they don't come up with anything before Monday to promptly on Tuesday file the example defence and then send them a copy of that defence with a cover letter confirming you have filed due to them missing they deadline and inviting them to discontinue.
                            Thanks for the reply.

I'm struggling to get my head around the example defence letter.

I'm 7 days into a hip replacement and the pain killers make things 10 times harder!!

Should this be admitted or denied?

4.It is [admitted/denied] that the Defendant has [previously] entered into [an agreement/agreement] with [Original Creditor /Claimant] for provision of credit.

Any further advice to make it look a bit easier would be great.

Thanks

Comment

@jaguarsuk
                              JAGUARSUK
                              VIP Member

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X