• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received copy of N434 Notice of Change of legal representative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received copy of N434 Notice of Change of legal representative

Hi I received a copy of a N434 form along with a letter from a solicitors referencing the previous owner of this debt has assigned your account to our client.

I am unsure what this debt is however whatever it is it was not linked to the current address it has been sent and is undoubtedly more than 7 years old...can anyone please advise? Should I reply to this letter? Is this debt statute barred...is that the term? Should I be requesting original documentation?

Many thanks for any wisdom and experience...feeling panicked! Life has taken a long time to feel balanced after a turbulent stretch and this has got me all in a whirl...
    Tags: None

Hi and Welcome

If the account was defaulted or the last payment to the account (which ever is the latter) is over 6 years then it is Statute Barred.

You need to tell us more about it?

Does this appear on your credit file?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi Jaguarsuk

Thanks you for your reply, I'm not sure...when I joined MSE credit club it couldn't give me a score as not enough info was found...I lived at some/many addresses during this time and was not on the electoral roll for many....I've lived at the current address and been on the electoral roll for nearly 4 years so it came as a surprise to receive the letter? I certainly haven't paid anything towards a debt for the last 7+ years perhaps even more?!

Comment

Originally posted by Marianna View Post
        Hi Jaguarsuk

Thanks you for your reply, I'm not sure...when I joined MSE credit club it couldn't give me a score as not enough info was found...I lived at some/many addresses during this time and was not on the electoral roll for many....I've lived at the current address and been on the electoral roll for nearly 4 years so it came as a surprise to receive the letter? I certainly haven't paid anything towards a debt for the last 7+ years perhaps even more?!
        Try Noodle, which is free.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

..,i've now managed to mess up registering on Noddle by omitting a letter in my email address (Twice! Doh!) so my activation email is winging its way to lord knows where! Oh my...and here I was thinking I was adulting at long last!

Amazing how one letter can send me in such a spin!

Comment

..,i've now managed to mess up registering on Noddle by omitting a letter in my email address (Twice! Doh!) so my activation email is winging its way to lord knows where! Oh my...and here I was thinking I was adulting at long last!

Amazing how one letter can send me in such a spin!
            Set up a free gmail address, try registering with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

Set up a free gmail address, try registering with it.
              I've tried and it just says it can't register me...I've emailed and pointed out my error...I'm optimistic they'll reply but am worried that in the meantime I should have replied to this letter??

Comment

I've tried and it just says it can't register me...I've emailed and pointed out my error...I'm optimistic they'll reply but am worried that in the meantime I should have replied to this letter??
                I think you need to fully outline where this claim is up to, use this template please?

Issue Date:
                Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
                Total Amount Claimed:
                Claimant’s Name:
                Solicitors Firm:
                Original Creditor:
                Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
                Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers:
                Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
                List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR )
                Have you filed a Defence: Yes/No
                If Yes, What was your Defence:
                Have you file an N180 Direction Questionnaire:
                Have you had mediation: Yes/No
                Have you had an order with a date for a hearing: Yes/No
                Any Other Information or Background Details:

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
                  Hi and Welcome

If the account was defaulted or the last payment to the account (which ever is the latter) is over 6 years then it is Statute Barred.

You need to tell us more about it?

Does this appear on your credit file?
                  So finally I have accessed my Noddle Credit File and no the debt doesn't appear on my file in fact there is nothing on my file except my current mobile phone contract, overdraft facility and a recent loan? There are linked addresses dating back to 2005.

I received another letter from Cabot regarding this change of solicitor which detailed that the debt was for £571.47 original creditor was Argos Card Services and current creditor is ME III Limited.

This debt is more than 12 years old I think...would any previous records have dropped off my credit file?

I have not replied to either the notice of change of solicitor or to the more recent letter from Cabot regarding Mortimer Clarkes takeover of my account.

Please can you advise me what to do next...?

Many thanks

Comment

Entries of defaults will fall off your credit file after 6 years, so this could be why it no longer appears on your credit file.

I think you need to fully outline where this claim is up to, use this template please:

Issue Date:
                    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
                    Total Amount Claimed:
                    Claimant’s Name:
                    Solicitors Firm:
                    Original Creditor:
                    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
                    Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers:
                    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
                    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR )
                    Have you filed a Defence: Yes/No
                    Have you had mediation: Yes/No
                    Have you had an order with a date for a hearing: Yes/No
                    Any Other Information or Background Details:

Comment

Issue Date: First letter received 16th May 2018
                      Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No
                      Total Amount Claimed:£571.47
                      Claimant’s Name: ME III Ltd
                      Solicitors Firm: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors
                      Original Creditor: Argos Card Services
                      Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Can’t remember…purchases from store
                      Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers: Don’t know what this means? Unpaid credit agreement?
                      Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
                      List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ) None
                      Have you filed a Defence: Yes/No No
                      No
                      Have you had mediation: Yes/No No
                      Have you had an order with a date for a hearing: Yes/No No
                      Any Other Information or Background Details: Have received 4 letters in total – First from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors 16/05/18 advising that DLC, the previous owner of debt, has assigned my account to ME111 Ltd with ‘Notice of Change of Legal Representative’ print out. Second from Cabot Financial 22/05/18 saying my account was moving to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors with a new reference number. Third from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on 19th June offering me a ‘fantasic opportunity’ to pay the debt over 12 months with a saving of £57.15 and the most recent letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on 05/07/18 asking me to complete a record of my financial situation (on their headed form)

Hi JaguarsUK,

Is this the info needed?

Thanks

Comment

Issue Date: First letter received 16th May 2018
                        Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No
                        Total Amount Claimed:£571.47
                        Claimant’s Name: ME III Ltd
                        Solicitors Firm: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors
                        Original Creditor: Argos Card Services
                        Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Can’t remember…purchases from store
                        Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers: Don’t know what this means? Unpaid credit agreement?
                        Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
                        List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ) None
                        Have you filed a Defence: Yes/No No
                        No
                        Have you had mediation: Yes/No No
                        Have you had an order with a date for a hearing: Yes/No No
                        Any Other Information or Background Details: Have received 4 letters in total – First from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors 16/05/18 advising that DLC, the previous owner of debt, has assigned my account to ME111 Ltd with ‘Notice of Change of Legal Representative’ print out. Second from Cabot Financial 22/05/18 saying my account was moving to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors with a new reference number. Third from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on 19th June offering me a ‘fantasic opportunity’ to pay the debt over 12 months with a saving of £57.15 and the most recent letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on 05/07/18 asking me to complete a record of my financial situation (on their headed form)

Hi JaguarsUK,

Is this the info needed?

Thanks
                        As you haven't filed a Defence it's likely that a default judgement has already been issued against you.

You need to check the MCOL website to see if it has?

Comment

...the letter states that a CCJ was previously sought regarding this debt...if that's no longer on my file does it still exist? Is that what MCOL would tell me? Is this debt not statute barred...I have had no contact with them or made any payments in 12 years...can't find any original paperwork?

Comment

...the letter states that a CCJ was previously sought regarding this debt...if that's no longer on my file does it still exist? Is that what MCOL would tell me? Is this debt not statute barred...I have had no contact with them or made any payments in 12 years...can't find any original paperwork?
                            I don't understand why you would have received N434 form if there is no ongoing claim or judgement against you as this is a notice filed with the court to inform them.

Comment

So you're not sure if there is an actual judgment against you ? Maybe the case was put on hold and never had a default judgment requested by the claimant. Might be worth asking the court if you have a claim number on that change of solicitor form - you want to know the current status of the claim, and if it is live could they send you a copy of the claim form ( or copy of the judgment if it has gone to judgment )

Northampton County Court Business centre is likely to be the best one to call.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X