• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi! CCA request help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter

letterwithclues.png

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Agreement date Dec 2003
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Help82 View Post
        I have submitted CCA requests to my DCA’s.

Today I have had a reply from Moorcroft that have been collecting on an old debt that i’ve been paying off through PayPlan for some time now.

They haven’t actually sent what was requested and am now just wondering what I should do next.

You've received a response from Moorcroft which is a debt collection agency.

Did you send your s 77-79 CCA Request to the current owner of the debt or to Moorcroft? A CCA Request should be sent to the current owner of the debt who has a statutory obligation to comply.

Was this debt a Barclaycard from the outset or did it start life as an Egg, or Marbles, or Morgan Stanley Dean Witter credit card etc?

EDIT: I've just seen your post #9 which suggests this was an Egg card at the beginning. Egg applications would have been made online.

Did you send all your CCA Requests to the DCA not the creditor/debt owner (if assigned)?

Di
        Last edited by Diana M; 8th May 2018, 11:08:AM.

Comment

The signed agreement would have been on paper though wouldn't it Di, even if the application was made online, being 2003 ?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Afternoon

yes i think I have received annual arrears notice for them but i’m Terrible and have most likely thrown them. Robinsonway are who PayPlan deal with for the HSBC debt previously it was Compello.

I did indeed send the CCA requests directly to the DCA’s, I know that link Financial have been assigned as I remember getting the letter but not sure about robinsonway/Hoist or Moorcroft...shall I contact Barclays and HSBC directly?

Ameythst thank you for blanking out the details much better than I could. Xx

Comment

Originally posted by Help82 View Post
              Robinsonway are who PayPlan deal with for the HSBC debt previously it was Compello.

I did indeed send the CCA requests directly to the DCA’s, I know that link Financial have been assigned as I remember getting the letter but not sure about robinsonway/Hoist or Moorcroft...

From what you say your HSBC debt was assigned to MKDP (Compello Group) before they were purchased by Hoist in 2015.

This may give them an assignment headache if they issue a claim as they would have to prove each link in the chain.

Who was the original creditor for the Link Financial debt and what is the exact name of the current owner?

Ask PayPlan for a full statement of all your payments so you can see who's been paid what and when.

CCA Requests should go to the debt owners. Did you enclose the £1 statutory fee with the CCA Requests you sent to the Debt Collection Agencies?

Di

Comment

Yes that’s correct regarding MKDP.

Link Financial were assigned two Barclaycard accounts ( they often send me default notices) - they haven’t responded at all to the CCA request.

Moorcroft have not cashed the cheque as yet.

Hoist have cashed their payment and fredrickson sent their payment back to me.

Thanks again.

Comment

Just looking through old emails....

The debt with Moorcroft ( old egg card taken over by Barclays ) was previously being collected by Westcot.

The two Barclaycards with Link Financial were previously with credit solutions.

Comment

Hi
                    I have to say , from experience Moorcroft are not the easiest to deal with. When they receive CCA requests they nearly always returned the letter saying refer to the original creditor. They are a collection agency and not a debt purchaser , frankly it is in their financial interest to only get money out of you and do as little else as possible.
                    This may well account for them not responding correctly to the CCA request. While I believe they should, sometimes it is just easier and more effective to send the request to the actual owner of the debt

Have you said who actually owns the debt now?

is this one owned by Link?

There seem to be several debts here and it will get very confusing to deal with all of them, potentially at different stages so keeping one topic to one thread might be useful to all concerned. If you want to get attention on the thread type @ followed by the user name and it will show as a link

e.g Diana M warwick65

Comment

warwick65 apologies, I will start new threads when and if they ever reply. Sorry new to all this.

Moorcroft is for an old egg card that was taking over by Barclaycard.

Link Financial purchased two old Barclaycard credit cards ( one is mine and one is the hubbys).

Thanks again to everyone that has helped, i’ll sit tight for now and see what happens in regards to the CCA requests.

Comment

No need to apologise - it was just an observation that may make it easier for others in the future

Link Financial - I would be talking to Diana M if they issue claims

I am sure she has some thoughts on both Link and the double assignment issue ( or is it triple) with this egg card

Comment

Hoist are authorised - see https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000001Hhl59AAB
                          as are Robinson Way - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000003RE48VAAT

Just for ref
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well up to today not one of the companies apart from Moorcroft have sent me any documents relating to my CCA request! What should I do next?

Comment

Good morning

Well following on from this post from last year!! Robinson Way last year put my account on hold following the CCA request ( hsbc loan even though they state it’s a current account- haven’t even got the right account number for loan!) A few months later I received a letter saying my account is still on hold and that’s it I haven’t heard from them since! I haven’t made a payment to them since last April 2018. Shall I just continue to ignore it until they do respond to the CCA request? Just feels odd that they aren’t chasing it but are happily emailing every few days regarding a £25 debt.

Comment

I would xx

Are you still paying through your payplan dmp ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X