• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with online company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with online company

Hello, hope someone could advise me on a matter we are having problems with.

My husband bought some clothes from an online company, we received the goods, however, we returned the clothing back via a tracked parcel with the post office track and trace system, which is included in the original delivery cost you pay when purchasing the clothing.

The goods were delivered to the company on 26/03/2018. We did not get a refund, and so after a couple of weeks, we began to chase it up. The had a live chat system and they started saying they had not received the parcel ?? This went on for about 2 days after we had provided them with the track and trace number and a screenshot of the goods being delivered to their premises.

More days went by, and then the excuses started; they were taking it up with the post office?? to which we asked; how can you take it up with the post office when it's been delivered to your premises, you have received the parcel! So since then, they have stopped online chat, and we have sent emails asking for our refund, and now they don't even answer emails.

We are now at the point of having no contact with them at all, I found a telephone number, but it is a recorded message telling you to email!

Could someone advise please what to write to these people, they are a big online company, I don't mind telling you who they are, the service is abysmal, we are entitled to our money back, and I don't know what else to write to them as they do not reply. Any advice please, as I cannot get to speak to anyone in a senior position there. Thank you
    Tags: None

Did your husband pay by credit or debit card?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Do you have a copy of/link to their returns policy / terms ?
      What's the value of the refund req'd ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Do you have a copy of/link to their returns policy / terms ?
        What's the value of the refund req'd ?
        https://www.bigdudeclothing.co.uk/help/

I think the refund is around £60/ £70 just as a guess, but I shall check later.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
          Did your husband pay by credit or debit card?
          I think it was debit card

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ilovebees View Post

I think it was debit card

Thank you
            I would contact the bank let them know that you have returned the items, have proof of their receipt with the company and now the company are ignoring you. Ask them to do a charge back of the transaction.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

How do I get a refund?
              • Send back your goods to us within 90 days with the original invoice
              • We will inspect the goods, to make sure that they are not damaged, not been worn or washed, do not have the tags removed and are in the original packaging
              • A returns label will be included with your order and we will issue a refund within 5 working days of receiving the goods.
              Please note, the free returns service is just for the UK. Where we offer a free returns service, original postage will not be refunded. How do I get an exchange?
              • Send back your goods to us within 90 days for an exchange with the original invoice and state the exchange that you want (please note, exchanges are subject to current stock/sizes being available).
              • We will inspect the goods before processing the exchange to make sure that the goods are not damaged, have not been worn or washed, do not have the tags removed and are in the original packaging.
              • A returns label will be included with your order and we will process an exchange upon receiving the goods.
              Seems pretty clear, and you have receipts and delivery records showing they have received the items.

As Jaguar says you could try a chargeback with your bank.

I'd also put a formal complaint in writing to the company -

5 Newport Business Park

Newport Road

Ellesmere Port

CH65 4LZ

( Ltd company details - > https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08026784 )

Seems to be their phone number - >
              • Phone number: 01515581272
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If bank refuse and they ignore you might have to consult trading standards or file a claim.

However, exhausting your free and no risk of costs options are the best options before legal action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X