• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damage to Vehicle by Free Recovery on Motorway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage to Vehicle by Free Recovery on Motorway

August 2014 Puncture on Motorway in Free Recovery area.
    Highways agency agent attended and changed the wheel for my spare using power tool.
    Purchased new tyre which was fitted to punctured wheel.
    At home I tried to change the wheel installed on motorway to fit new wheel with new tyre.
    Could only remove three of the five nuts.
    Took vehicle to local tyre fitters.
    They tried to remove the nuts but the studs sheared in the hub. They did not charge me as gesture of good will as I was previous customer so no record of the work.
    Franchised garage could not remove sheared studs and so replaced hub. They suggested power tool setting was too high and caused nuts to seize on studs
    Claim for work £577.15 and travel £36.20.
    Claim rejected by the agent who changed wheel as they say I cannot prove it was their problem.
    Would I win in the small claims court?
    Tags: None

So they admit changing the wheel?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

August 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeOldie View Post
        August 2014 Puncture on Motorway in Free Recovery area.
        Highways agency agent attended and changed the wheel for my spare using power tool.
        Purchased new tyre which was fitted to punctured wheel.
        At home I tried to change the wheel installed on motorway to fit new wheel with new tyre.
        Could only remove three of the five nuts.
        Took vehicle to local tyre fitters.
        They tried to remove the nuts but the studs sheared in the hub. They did not charge me as gesture of good will as I was previous customer so no record of the work.
        Franchised garage could not remove sheared studs and so replaced hub. They suggested power tool setting was too high and caused nuts to seize on studs
        Claim for work £577.15 and travel £36.20.
        Claim rejected by the agent who changed wheel as they say I cannot prove it was their problem.
        Would I win in the small claims court?
        Yes, they admit in an email changing the wheel.

Comment

Well if you can get the "local tyre fitters" to confirm the date you took the car, what they did and that they didn't charge as they were unable to do the work and the reason why they couldn't along with the "Franchised garage" receipt for replacing the hub then you have the basis of a claim.
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X