• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The AA rescue service (Platinum Member)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AA rescue service (Platinum Member)

Hi my car broke down on Tuesday and I phoned the AA and told them what the problem was with my car and informed them they needed a wagon to retrieve the vehicle as it was a 4 wheel drive automatic. The AA sent out a van within the hour and he also diagnosed the same problem. He called it in at 10am and was told a wagon would be there at 11am. I booked my car in for the repairs for 1pm that day. It took 9 hours to retrieve my vehicle and take it to my requested garage. They gave me 5 different pick up times then told me my pickup had been cancelled by one of their team. I stayed with my vehicle as it was on yellow lines. I have lost earnings as I am self employed and could not meet my contractors for three days. They have caused me undue stress and anxiety and I have lost out financially. I have had to hire a car as I lost my slot at the garage to have the repairs done. Can I sue them or demand compensation for all the crap they've caused me? Thanks Mr Pippsster
    Tags: None

It is quite important to know what sort of cover you have, but your first move is to write making a complaint.
    If you are dissatisfied with their response you can then escalate your complaint to the FOS, as this concerns an insurance policy

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      It is quite important to know what sort of cover you have, but your first move is to write making a complaint.
      If you are dissatisfied with their response you can then escalate your complaint to the FOS, as this concerns an insurance policy
      Hi Des8.
      I've got a decent cover that covers myself or my wife and up to 7 passengers anywhere in the country to have the car taken to a garage of my choice and the occupants to their chosen destination (Full cover in otherwords)
      I've emailed them and they have responded telling me they are investigating my complaint and it can take up to 8 weeks to investigate. Ill post their response on here when they finally contact me
      Many thanks
      Pippsster

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X