• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fighting a prescription charge penalty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting a prescription charge penalty

Hi All,

a conplete novice to this site and the world of law but I have a query about a prescription penalty charge notice from the NHS Business Authority.

background:

up until sept 2017 I had a Maternity Exemption Certificate
    this expired in sept of 2017

my repeat prescriptions are delivered by a roaming pharmacy that sign on my behalf and deliver the medicine which is always accepted by someone other than me as I am at work

i had no idea my certificate had expired

Two weeks ago I receive a PCN from the NHS business authority claiming I have falsely claimed for medicines that I am not entitled to, although I felt it unfair I agreed to pay and I even contacted the pharmacy to see how many medicines they had sent me since nov 2017- they said 4

i contacted the NHS business Authority and asked them to invoice me for the 4@ £8.60 which I was happy to pay and I wanted to be honest about the mistake that was made with NO intent to defraud.

instead of appreciating my honesty,
    they have slapped me a fine for every single prescription
    which now amounts to £250.00!!!!!

my question is

can I challenge this on the basis of
    “I never signed”!!! The prescriptions
    also I am so angry now that I feel like I should just pay the original prescription charge without the fine

what is the worst they can do???!

i am an honest, hard working mum of 2 and I genuinely think this is extortionate and disproportionate.

any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

afraid they will increase the charge until you pay, you are not the only one, we went thru it, regardless of complaints (futile) as fact the incident took place, you can be on the Dole and get charged the fee if you are on the wrong type of benefit = Be Aware. They state any forms you have ask you to read conditions for claiming.

Not what you want to hear BUT many many people have been thru this.

Comment

Well it’s absolutely disgusting
      will be writing to my MP
      wilk take it all the way

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X