• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ref. housing act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref. housing act

Hi I was hoping for some clarification on :The Allocation of Housing (Qualification Criteria for Armed Forces Personnel) (England) Regulations 2012.
    the issue i have is a council housing officer believes this law will not apply to our case. Would I be right in thinking this law applies to any and all serving members of the armed forces regardless of weather they are the main applicant or not.
    We have bid on a social housing property with a local connection requirement. My son is a named applicant on our housing application and has served in the Royal Navy for the past year his accomodation block has been condemned on the base he works making him essentially homeless.
    Please help clarify whether the housing officer can overlook this law when allocating housing to members of the armed forces and there familys
    many thanks
    Tags: None

I wonder why your housing officer doesn't think the law applies to your application.
    IMO the law quite clearly states all serving members of the armed forces are covered.
    The purpose was to give such persons priority in the allocation of social housing.
    I would get your local councillor involved, report to the council's CEO and even refer the matter to your local MP and the minister of state for armed forces,
    Col Mark Lancaster,(https://www.parliament.uk/biographie...lancaster/1544)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X