• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just joined so hello to everyone and any advice please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined so hello to everyone and any advice please?

My daughter had a Peugeot 207 on JustAddFuel in 2011, bought the car in 2014 and then tried again for another car on JAF in late 2015. She was told no this time but she could have a car on PCP but it would have to be in my name as her credit rating wasn't too good. Now I retired in 2007 due to ill health and doctors advisement so could not afford to pay for a new car even though my daughter said she would pay me monthly. The salesman said "The log book will come in your name but you can just change it over into your daughters name". Then "Log book change makes no difference with the amount of owners, pretend the car is yours" and finally "Change it over to your daughter". All the conversations were recorded. Now as my wife and I were living on £615.03 per month, I feel we have been lucky so far that the daughter has kept up payments form November 2015 and hopefully until November this year but can anyone pass on their expert views please?
    Tags: None

Hi and Welcome.

Do you have reason to be concerned about your daughter not continuing payments?
    If she does fail, you will be liable for the payments.

I doubt if the finance house were aware of your ACCOMMODATION DEAL, as, although not illegal, they do not generally approve.
    However fraud is illegal, and normally part of the terms and conditions of the finance contract, require the purchaser to declare that they will be the registered keeper of the vehicle and the main driver.
    You say the salesman's conversations were recorded... this was done officially and you have a copy?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi and Welcome.

Do you have reason to be concerned about your daughter not continuing payments?
      If she does fail, you will be liable for the payments.

I doubt if the finance house were aware of your ACCOMMODATION DEAL, as, although not illegal, they do not generally approve.
      However fraud is illegal, and normally part of the terms and conditions of the finance contract, require the purchaser to declare that they will be the registered keeper of the vehicle and the main driver.
      You say the salesman's conversations were recorded... this was done officially and you have a copy?
      Hi, thanks for your reply.

I think a parent is always concerned about whether their precious ones can afford these things and I have paid two of the payments. I have found out that you do not have to tell people you are recording the conversation and yes I do have copies.

There are 8 more payments to make and I just feel that the salesman was more concerned about the sale than my daughters or my own welfare and circumstances.

Comment

Some salesman will do anything to clinch the deal, even tell fibs!

Although you may record conversations secretly. and although you MIGHT be allowed to use it in court, there could be repercussions, and at the end of the day the finance house will require paying.
        Just hope your daughter comes good on the last few instalments

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Some salesman will do anything to clinch the deal, even tell fibs!

Although you may record conversations secretly. and although you MIGHT be allowed to use it in court, there could be repercussions, and at the end of the day the finance house will require paying.
          Just hope your daughter comes good on the last few instalments
          Had a reply from Peugeot Finance: Thank you for your recent email, In relation to your query I can advise you will need to be the main driver on the insurance with your daughter then as a named driver.

I have replied: I replied: "I believe I have been mis-sold the car then as I have got no NCB or insurance as I drive my wifes car on her insurance. The dealership agreed to pay my daughters insurance by cheque for the full amount because I had no NCB and subsequently did so. I can see your point where having the car and insurance in my name “would” have been the best and right option but to have then put my daughter as a named driver would have been untrue and illegal as she is the only one who has ever driven the vehicle."

I have also emailed the FCA for their advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X