• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim4You CMC reported to Legal Ombudsman.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim4You CMC reported to Legal Ombudsman.

I have recently had a PPI refund which I pursued directly with the FSCS - originally it was thought to be a joint claim but was in fact singular. Initially Claim4You were contacted by ex wife and the process invoked; various registration and authorisation forms etc were completed and returned containing both my ex wife and mine details. From April 2017 until September/October 2017 nothing positive apart from being advised that we were eligble for a PPI refund, was received. I phoned the FSCS directly and was informed that the claim was in fact singular - the insurers had confirmed this. From that point on I was in discussion with them right up to final payment being made (October 2017). Claim4You have subsequently negated the fact that 1) they did not investigate the entitlement fully, 2) managed to successively send the wrong paperwork, 3) taken legal action against myself and included my ex wife whom, as it was a singular claim only, had nothing to do with it, 4) been told by the debt recovery agency (DCBL) of the issue, and, to their credit, had informed Claim4You of the issue (they DCBL agreed with me) that my ex wife should not have been involved nor should receive further letters of recovery. Today, I have a second and final letter from DCBL - as does my now fuming ex wife - before the case is returned to Claim4You for further action to be made. I have reported this to the Legal ombudsman and sent a follow up letter today outlining my anger.

Quite simply: why should I pay Claim4You's fee when I did the chasing and more importantly; how do I get them to remove my ex wife's details from any communication or legal actions where simply she is not involved?
    Tags: None

Did you (yourself) sign a contract with Claim4You and did you (yourself) sign a letter of authority for Claim4You to allow them to make the claim with FSCS?

The wording on the contract & LoA may be important as to whether you and your ex wife were instructing Claim4You to make claims jointly and or individually, and if they were for any particular accounts. It would be helpful if you could post them up, redacting any personal info.

Is the Legal Ombudsman dealing with your complaint?

Comment

The only information I have, and which can recollect as my ex wife was dealing with it all, is signing for a joint claim. Part of the issue was that Claim4You on three successive attempts sent out the wrong forms to the wrong parties. I have since found confirmation from the FSCS that the claim was in fact singular, that Claim4You had been informed and as such the FSCS would be dealing with me directly. The Legal Ombudsman have confirmed that they will be investigating again - previously told by Claim4You that I had not complained - I had, twice, both verbally as their website states and both times with calls recorded.

Comment

Ok well I don't think there's much you can do until the Legal Ombudsman has made their provisional findings. At that point they should disclose to you all the documentation that Claim4You are relying on, which should include the contract and letter of aurhority, and hopefully that should establish your liability or otherwise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X