• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I want out of a fixed loan with Train4jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want out of a fixed loan with Train4jobs

I signed up with Train4jobs in October 2017, hoping to do a plumbing course with them. They promised me lots of things and I felt like this is the only chance I've got and I have to take it. I was promised financial help despite mentioning several times that I don't work that it will be difficult for me to cough up £160 monthly but the salesman convinced me that I will manage because they have financial help for their students. Credit checks were not done, finances were done at my house on the second visit. Now am really struggling and am in arrears luckily they didn't request my bank for direct debit payments as I've come to find from other disgruntled students from other forums.
    I was also told within weeks of starting the course that they will put me in touch with a former now self employed student of their's but that hasn't happened.
    From opening the material I noticed that we still had to research on companies that had already dissolved months/year ago, I mean this makes you think. I was told all the materials are up to date. I know I made a huge mistake I should have known better. Am not trying to claim anything back I just want to stop the payments am using up the child tax benefits and left with nothing.
    looking forward to your reply. Thanks
    Tags: None

You need to write a letter of complaint to T4J and the finance company regarding the course, how you were misled, the course isn't up to date, and how the finance was hoisted upon you without any checks as to affordability. Once they have replied saying 'tough luck' you should take the complaint about the finance to the Financial Ombudsman. WIll give you a hand if you like, can you just say who the finance company are and do you have a copy of the agreement.

I noticed that we still had to research on companies that had already dissolved months/year ago
    what kind of companies? like research plumbing companies to see how they operate ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for

Comment

Hi yes I do have a copy of the contract and the financial company is Tradestech Ltd reg number 09594507.

Comment

Is there a FCA authorisation number on the agreement ? I can't find them on the register by name or postcode. A copy of the agreement ( finance and course ) would be useful ( blank out personal details). Thank you.

http://www.tradestech.co.uk/ - these ? ( poor effort at a website there!). Same address as ERR ( engineering real results - company linked to train4jobs who do the practical training part of the course )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi, they are Tradestech Ltd. Reg number 09594507. PO Box 6401, Basildon , SS14 0PF. Authorisation number D2014661.

Comment

The college address is
              Metropolitan International Schools Ltd. T/ATrain4jobs
              Hamilton House 80-88 Collingdon Street , Luton Bedfordshire LU1 1RX
              REG NUMBER 2646404.

Comment

Where's the Authorisation Number from ( authorised for what? doesn't seem to be FCA )
                Authorisation number D2014661.
                Can you do a pic of the finance agreement please ( delete your personal info ).

Does it say fixed sum loan agreement or anywhere that it is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ?

Metropolitan have authorisation by the FCA but Tradestech is not part of metropolitan and is not a trading name registered with the FCA.

This is Metropolitan's many guises...
                2018-03-06 12_08_01-Start.png
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

DSC_0602~3.JPGDSC_0602~5.JPGDSC_0600~2.JPG

Comment

Thank you. Seems they are using the 12 month interest / charge free exemption to keep them out of licencing issues with the FCA.

A firm providing instalment credit doesn’t require authorisation.

✔ Only some types of instalment credit are exempt from authorisation. Your firm will only likely be exempt if the credit is interest-free and doesn’t carry any charges like administration fees. It must also be paid back within 12 months, across a maximum of 12 payments.

However they do still have to comply with the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/10/made

#staysafestayhome

Comment

DSC_0602~7.JPG

Comment

Do I still have a chance to get out without further payments ?

Comment

good evening, I am in similar situation with the same companies. The number that you provide is not recognized. It is everything all right? Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi GON116, am sorry I have been away so I didn't get to see your post. Which number is not recognised .

have you done anything to get out of the contract?, I have read that people have been successful through court. They have sent me letters demanding to pay but I haven't done so. The college has even refused to acknowledge my cancellation despite emailing them .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X