• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Can private WhatsApp between 3 people be used as gross misconduct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can private WhatsApp between 3 people be used as gross misconduct

Hi can a private WhatsApp group be used in as gross misconduct there are 3 people in the group one has got in trouble and she has said we are as bad and shown them the app ?
    Tags: None

Were you using company resources i.e. a company provided mobile phone to transmit messages in the private WhatsApp group? Does your company have a policy detailing the usage of any company provided resources and/or the personal use of the company provided internet access i.e. you at not allowed to access social media platforms during work hours?
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You canít always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesm View Post
      Hi can a private WhatsApp group be used in as gross misconduct there are 3 people in the group one has got in trouble and she has said we are as bad and shown them the app ?
      They were all on private phones most of which was out of work hours, they have printed them without permission {which I have been told they can't do} and now lots of people have seen them although they were meant to be part of a different investigation, there is nothing in the handbook about private chat on social media.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X