• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn failure adhere to consent order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn failure adhere to consent order

Moneybarn, consent order.

Hi, can you give me some advice please. I lost my job and and was given the only option from Moneybarn for car finance to keep the car was to enter in to a consent order. So it was accepted and I have to pay the costs etc.

Anyway I lost my new job due to them not paying me on time. So I am in new employment but it’s not as much money as I was earning. I have been trying to pay off my monthly amounts but am a little behind. I work out £400 but I asked them to send me a statement and it makes no sense.

I have been sent a letter from them stating a ‘termination’ and they said someone is coming to collect the car. I don’t want to keep the car but want to stall them for time so I can buy another (outright) any ideas please? I live on a private estate so can I refuse to give it back or will they just take it? Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi,

It might be clearer exactly what the situation is if you could post a copy of the consent order and the recent letter you have from them regarding Termination. Maybe also the statement they have sent. Remove your personal details before posting them up here.

At the moment you have a MoneyBarn finance agreement for a car, you've fallen behind in payments, and they are threatening reposession of the car ? Has it already been through court at all ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, this went to court to gain the consent order. I received this letter only on 6/2/18. No default letters. I actually thought I owed £350 but they said it’s £700 now.Â*

Comment

Missed this one.

Comment

Have you got the front page of the consent order ?Â*
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sorry I thought I uploaded all of them. It’s just the three pages she sent via email.Â*

Comment

Okay, thank you. Well it looks like that consent order is just completely unaffordable for you - did you go through income and expenditure at all before making the offer ? Are the amounts around the same level your original contract would have been ? Seems just to have been delaying the inevitable unfortunately.

before agreeing the settlement were you defending the case ?

do you have a paragraph 4 on that order btw (para 2 refers to para 4 but then there’s para 3, 5,6 ) likely just a numbering error but checking in case you’ve blanked something out

Do you have a copy of the original contract at all ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay Maths... not my strong point but if no more payments have been made you're currently £733 behind on the consent order.
                Originally posted by Maths

DUE PAYMENT £305 6/9/17 Paid £305

DUE PAYMENT £305 6/10/17 Paid £0 Balance £305

DUE PAYMENT £305 6/11/17 Paid £120 Balance £490

8/11/17 Paid £ 70 Balance £420

15/11/17 Paid £87 Balance £333

22/11/17 Paid 80.00 Balance £258

DUE PAYMENT £305 6/12/17 £305 Paid £0 Balance £563

02/01/18 Paid £140.00 Balance £423

05/01/2018 Paid £60 Balance £363

DUE PAYMENT 06/01/2018 £305 Paid £0 Balance £668

22/1/18 Paid £100 Balance £568
                24/1/18 Paid £80.00 Balance £488
                05/02/18 Paid £60 Balance £428

DUE PAYMENT 06/02/18 £305 Paid £0 Balance £733

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X