• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ brought to court by Civil Enforcement Ltd from parking in Co-op

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ brought to court by Civil Enforcement Ltd from parking in Co-op

Can anyone offer some advice on a CCJ that I discovered when recently checking my credit report. I contacted the County Court they say that the case was brought to court by Civil Enforcement Ltd (CEL) on 19th May 2015, as I did not respond to the claim for £237 contractual fees. The court says that the claim form was sent twice to my home address (which is correct) but I do not recall receiving it.
    It has taken over 2 months to get in touch with CEL as they never return calls. When I did get through they informed me that CCJ was for back in Dec 22 2012 parking 30mins longer than the permitted 2 hours at the Co-op Roundhay. CEL say that the case has been handed over to Co-op. I have asked for a copy of the correspondence but they say that this is not possible.
    I have made endless phone calls both to CEL and the Co-op who have sent me on a wild goose chase after many phone calls I spoke to someone at the Co-op who said that if I pay in full I can have the CCJ record marked as “satisfied” but will still be on my record for 6 years.
    I believe that the Co-op are in dispute with CEL and have bought the debt from CEL to prevent any further actions. I feel like I am a pawn in their game. I am reluctant to pay the Co-op when the case was brought against me by CEL I am not sure what best to do. Should I pay Co-op and be done with as this whole situation is very stressful and affecting my wellbeing, or try and get the CCJ set aside but not sure on what grounds.
    Has anyone got any solutions/ advice on this matter, I am sure this has happened to others.
    Tags: None

This is vengeance claims made by CEL when the Coop threw threw them out. Search the Pepipoo private parking forums and you should find a lot of details there, and a lot of defence points.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X