• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

American Express CCA request reply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Express CCA request reply

Hello All

Thank you for letting me join this very helpful forum

I am in the process of cca requests for old credit card debts am currently in a DMP as i suspected due to the age of the debts and the amount of times they have been sold on and passed around they are coming back as cant find paperwork or no longer have records etc.etc However American Express does have paperwork which they have sent me but to honest i was not to sure what to expect back from a CCA request i have attached what they have sent hoping someone with knowledge could tell me if they have indeed sent me what i have asked for the signed scrap of paper is just blank other side and got a big wodge of T&Cs to accompany it, If they have satisfied my request fair enough but if they have not do i send some sort of non request letter

Thank you in advance for anyone that takes the time to answer my query
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Originally posted by sunny2 View Post
    Hello All

Thank you for letting me join this very helpful forum

I am in the process of cca requests for old credit card debts am currently in a DMP as i suspected due to the age of the debts and the amount of times they have been sold on and passed around they are coming back as cant find paperwork or no longer have records etc.etc However American Express does have paperwork which they have sent me but to honest i was not to sure what to expect back from a CCA request i have attached what they have sent hoping someone with knowledge could tell me if they have indeed sent me what i have asked for the signed scrap of paper is just blank other side and got a big wodge of T&Cs to accompany it, If they have satisfied my request fair enough but if they have not do i send some sort of non request letter

Thank you in advance for anyone that takes the time to answer my query
    Hi welcome to LB,

Is that the total of the Terms and Conditions? I seem to remember the when I had an AE card there were considerably more than shown here.
    Have you tried A SAR (Subject Access Request) to each of the original creditors?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

Hi welcome to LB,

Is that the total of the Terms and Conditions? I seem to remember the when I had an AE card there were considerably more than shown here.
      Have you tried A SAR (Subject Access Request) to each of the original creditors?

nem
      Hello nem

Thank you for your reply

No that is just the top sheet from a printed stack they have sent me,I have not yet found the need to yet to SAR as they are coming back as unenforceable in the reply letters anyway i just wanted to make sure American Express are not palming me off with something other than what i requested

Comment

Originally posted by sunny2 View Post

Hello nem

Thank you for your reply

No that is just the top sheet from a printed stack they have sent me,I have not yet found the need to yet to SAR as they are coming back as unenforceable in the reply letters anyway i just wanted to make sure American Express are not palming me off with something other than what i requested
        Hello sunny,

Ok that is an attempt to produce a " reconstituted " agreement, all those terms and conditions should be 1.set from when the account was opened and one set from when it was opened.
        Occasionally I find the debt purchasers and their tame solicitors will cobble together a recon with any data they can get from the original creditor, so it's worth checking that each set is complete.
        How many pages have you got?

nem

Comment

Hello sunny,

Ok that is an attempt to produce a " reconstituted " agreement, all those terms and conditions should be 1.set from when the account was opened and one set from when it was opened.
          Occasionally I find the debt purchasers and their tame solicitors will cobble together a recon with any data they can get from the original creditor, so it's worth checking that each set is complete.

nem
          Hello nem

There is about 45 pages of printed stuff they have sent me it seems to cover everything so they seem to have complied with my cca request, I believe American Ex do not sell there debts on and maybe keep better records than other cards?

Thank you

Comment

Hello sunny,

nem
            I think Nemesis intended to say one set from when the account was opened and one from when it was defaulted ( or current if its not been defaulted yet)

Comment

BTW , I had an AMEX nectar card and when I sent a CCA request I received a an online application form from AMEX Canada intranet however what would be the real killer for them was what the sent as a Default notice which was laughable

As it happens they did not sell the debt on, sent me regular statements for about three years and now I haven't heard from anyone for, must be two years

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                I think Nemesis intended to say one set from when the account was opened and one from when it was defaulted ( or current if its not been defaulted yet)
                Hi WARWICK65
                Thank you for your reply
                Could you or anyone one else just advise if what AA have sent me is in fact a valid reply to a CCA request or as nem as said it is a reconstituted agreement is that is good enough to make it enforceable as the signed thing they have sent just seems to be a application form

Thanks again all

Comment

Hi
                  I'm afraid I couldn't even begin to guess with what you have shown. A key point may be how did you get that application form and did it have terms and conditions with it

However there is a lot more to unenforceability than just an agreement.
                  Diana M any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                    Hi
                    I'm afraid I couldn't even begin to guess with what you have shown. A key point may be how did you get that application form and did it have terms and conditions with it
                    However there is a lot more to unenforceability than just an agreement.
                    Diana M any thoughts?
                    Hi Warwick65

What i have shown is what AA have sent me to satisfy my CCA request but it just seems to be a signed application form blank on reverse and a stack of reconstituted T&Cs btw the card is from 1999

Thank you again
                    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Hi All

Just wondered if there is anything else or advice on this one as AA have now instructed a collection company

I need to know if what they have sent me complies with my cca request i.e what seems to be a signed application form blank on back and a bunch of printed reconstituted T&Cs just need to know if this is enough to satisfy a pre 2007 cca request or is it not enough that i can send them a non compliance letter

Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X