• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter Before Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Before Action

Hi Everyone

Just a quickie

When I send a letter before action over several long running disputes

Can I copy people in for their information.

IE MP Councilor Insurance Company Banks etc

Regards Jack
    Tags: None

Re: Letter Before Action

I wouldn't, as it could be deemed as defamatory if you went on to lose the case and they might be able to take action against you for that. It depends on the case. And to what end?

Are you an individual suing a business ? business to business or business to individual ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly take note.

I am an Individual suing a company for breach of contract, I have just sent an Invoice for the total required and will follow that with the letter before action. They will not sit down and talk and always use the big stick approach to try and scare you

Regards

Comment

Okay, I was just checking that you didn't need to use the pre-action protocol for debt claims. Standard letter before Action with 14 days should be fine.

Do it by post to their registered address.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the advice, will do

Regards

Comment

I was going to use money claim online for a claim of 119k for breach of contract. The limit is 100k and the cost is 4.5k. Would it be cheaper to use a solicitor? Any help appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X