• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global

Good Afternoon all, My wife filed a defence at Northampton for an alleged debt with Arrow Global. The wording on a letter back from MCOL states " Please be advised the claimant has not proceeded since filing the defence, no judgement is entered therefore should not show on you credit file.

I hope this admits with enquiry..etc..

Are they allowed to still put this on my wifes' credit file? (last updated is 28-05-17), then 3 markers shown as 0, then back to 8 with a total of £700 ish, what can I/We do about it as this is all that is stopping us get a good deal on a remortgage. The mortgage adviser asked us to get copies of our CF which we did, mine is more or less clear, nothing showing on experian (noddle is different, as it shows one partially settled account in 2015), my wife has stated that this is the only thing she has marked as an 8. Ive checked and there are no other marks, yet Lloyds bank said no to a remortgage which could save us £££'s and shave an awful lot of time off also, by switching to a lower APR mortgage/provider.
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global

Has the debt actually been defaulted ? If so when? One would presume so if it has been sold to Arrow Global and taken to court - and it should be marked as D with a start/default date due to come off 6 years later, not changing between 0,8 etc.

The court claim doesn't really have any relevance to the CRA reporting, unless you got a Judgment.... or a Judgment against the claimant saying the original debt should be removed from the credit file.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Has the debt actually been defaulted ? If so when? One would presume so if it has been sold to Arrow Global and taken to court - and it should be marked as D with a start/default date due to come off 6 years later, not changing between 0,8 etc.

The court claim doesn't really have any relevance to the CRA reporting, unless you got a Judgment.... or a Judgment against the claimant saying the original debt should be removed from the credit file.
      Looks being back on records for the last 6 months available to me a very considerable number of AG claims nave been stayed for 6 months + makes me wonder if they have acquired a portfolio of duff debts that no one else would touch. Doubts re the actual realisable amount of their holdings could be a problem.

nem

Comment

As far as we know, no judgement was entered upon my wife filing the defence, that is from the clerk at Northampton, Just states claimant has not proceeded since filing the defence.

Yes, the alleged debt has been defaulted and sold on to arrow who last reported it on 28-05-17, with original default date of 30-09-15. It is marked as 8 on last entry, then 4 ? in the preceding months. the debt is shown as 0 from feb 2017 to april 17. Just wan to know hwy are they reporting this if its an alleged debt and we have filed a defence? I though all reporting had to cease.

Have to pop off now (school pick up), l may be about later this evening perusing! Oh, I have had 40 quid back from Vanquish (ROP payments plus interest!) ..not much but better in my bank than theirs! Still no word on the late payment charges though...;(

Comment

Just because they have not continued with the claim does not mean they can not still report the default on your file providing it is the same as the original default.

This would only change if the account was deemed irredeemably unenforceable and possibly/probably if AG admitted it was unenforceable.

Comment

I believe it is due to the inaccuracies. I shall mail a letter and await their response. last on my hit list, Vanquish!

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
              I believe it is due to the inaccuracies. I shall mail a letter and await their response. last on my hit list, Vanquish!
              here's a question for you

You think it is but would a court? Not sure when the account was opened which complicates matters

It is of course a higher risk course of action - poking them when the claim is stayed - maybe it will poke them into action

Comment

Well if the clerk t Northampton states in correspondence that their aren't taking any further action, then I can at least "try". I need to sort this last one out as it is holding us on approval of ra remortgage and consul save us thousands pounds plus knock off a few years on the length of it. Still, a lotto win may help! Reminds, me, need to do a ticket online!

Comment

They aren't taking any further action 'at the moment' - they haven't discontinued the case, it is simply on hold with the court while they dig out documents and potentially pick it back up again. You'd have to go through a hearing and win the case ruling the debt as false/iredeemably unenforceable and to be removed from the credit file ( not an easy task as you can imagine ) Otherwise I don't fancy your chances getting it removed , but it should be reported accurately - on Noddle anything that has been defaulted is just marked each month with a D.

Mortgage wise - You could consider paying it off with a partial settlement and trying to get round it with the mortgage company somehow, I settled everything on mine as reduced settlements and the bank wants a clear year since any defaulted account was settled before they'll even look at me again. You've got what 3 years left with it on your file? if you pay it off now ( maybe at 50/60/70% ?) you might be able to do something mortgage wise in a year - which will still make it a good move financially ( IF you can get the mortgage ) - and remove the chance of getting a CCJ.

Just a thought mind.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Lloyds advisor had suggested we go back in Spring, if we can sort something as the amount of interest we are paying is horrific and a 2 or 3 year wait just isn't feasible at present.

Comment

You'd need to get this settled before going back to Lloyds I think. It's extremely unlikely to be removed without some serious negotiating. If they are reporting it as live and not defaulted you could challenge them about that as their reporting does need to be accurate, and they can't reset the default date.... could maybe use a complaint to FOS/ICO about inaccurate reporting to negotiate settlement and possibly removal ? ( long shot there )
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I know what you are saying, they are very quick to shoot someones CF to bits, yet to get things straightened out take far too long. Ive worked on mine since 2012, in August (2017) I got a motorcycle on HP (not a new one, just a second hand one, but it was fuel injected, and ABS as standard) to replace my written off bike, (accident) so that is all I have on credit, with mortgage. We have a new car with Ford Credit but looking to change it and take advantage of privilege vouchers Looking at a Ford Edge..for the same price as our Kuga..we cannot turn that deal down!

Comment

Decided to keep our car into year 2 of the PCP as the depreciation wont be as much. Â*We did have a good deal offered on a Land Rover Discovery Sport but again, the interest is 5.9% as opposed to )% on our current Ford deal, (no brainer). We wont lose "as much" i suppose. Its still a 30K plus car for not a lot of money each month (still the dealership manager refused to tell us the discount with privilege yet Land Rover sited its 20% of RRP, dealer takes a hit (10%) and manufacturer (10%)..we have decided against this as I am just about to return to work on the 19th February as no surgery is required (opinion of consultant on the 7th Feb). Â*Arrow global...we have found the NOA.. so will be "negotiating")..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X