• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

nottingham tram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nottingham tram

This morning my son received a letter issuing him with a £50 fine for not having a valid ticket when on the tram on 3rd January.
    He was not on the tram since before christmas and he also carried a pre paid tram(mango) card with cash on it.Evidently someone has been caught and has given my sons name and address.I would like to know what safeguards against this happening is in place and also what proof they have of it being my son.Last year whilst setting up online the mango card adue to MY mistake online he was landed with 2 fines of £50 each which was duly paid,but this is not his journey and we have no intention of paying it
    Tags: None

Re: nottingham tram

Hi Biology,

My son uses the trams in Nottingham with a mango card too - I've got it set up now to auto top up to £20 if it goes under £5 which seems to work out okay and we haven't had a fine yet ( touch wood). Now and then he mucks up tapping on or off mind you, but it seems to catch itself up on his next journey.

It does say they should get ID to confirm details but sounds like if you happen to know any name and address of a mate etc that would satisfy the database address checker - so sadly likely to be a friend of his unless he'd mislaid some ID someones picked up and used - http://www.thetram.net/Userfiles/Ful...%20Process.pdf

Does he use it for going to School / College ? If so the dates the School/College is open might help your case. Also if you were anywhere else on the day in question that might help. Ohhh also maybe his journey history from the Trent Barton Mango website might help the case, if that was a journey not normally take by him at a different time of day etc.

There is an appeals process - http://www.thetram.net/Userfiles/Pen...%20process.pdf
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by biology View Post
      This morning my son received a letter issuing him with a £50 fine for not having a valid ticket when on the tram on 3rd January.
      He was not on the tram since before christmas and he also carried a pre paid tram(mango) card with cash on it.Evidently someone has been caught and has given my sons name and address.I would like to know what safeguards against this happening is in place and also what proof they have of it being my son.Last year whilst setting up online the mango card adue to MY mistake online he was landed with 2 fines of £50 each which was duly paid,but this is not his journey and we have no intention of paying it

No no my son does not go to college he is 41 yrs old and long time illness .The mango is set to auto top up (which is where I made the mistake online not putting the tick in to do this ,but submitted bank details and telling my son it was on auto top up)However the problem is HE DID NOT MAKE THAT JOURNEY......We live 7 miles away and he’s only gone into nottingham this week on the train as meeting someone on route on the train..He’s telephoned to make them aware and they are supposed to be getting back to him...but surely they cannot just take someone’s word for it that they are who they SAY THEY ARE................

Comment

I don't think they have much choice, if the person has no ID and the name and address matches up on the Database, it's all they have to go on. See what they say when they get back to him on the phone, but I think you / he will need to put in an appeal stating that he did not use the tram on that day ( because he was x,y,z instead and any evidence of that ) and asking for details of what ID checks they did to ensure the identity of the person.

Was the journey just within Nottingham centre or into town from the tram stop near you ? ( does the penalty notice say what the journey was or just on tram between two stops where they were caught ? )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X