• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cancelling Train4jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling Train4jobs

Hi, I have an issue with Train4jobs/Metropolitan International Schools LTD and would like some advice on how to go about cancelling the course and getting a refund.

I visited Train4jobs’ website and filled in my details (including my home address) to request more information about the distance learning course. A salesman then came to visit me at home and came with a sales brochure. The salesman then said he needed to return another day with a Maths test to make sure I was eligible for the course. At no point did the salesman mention a loan/fee agreement during the first visit. He then returned very late into the evening (at around 8.30pm) for the second visit and answered some of the maths questions for me as I was taking too long to answer them (thus rendering me ineligible for their own entry requirements). He then requested a £50 deposit to secure a place on the course. The salesman repeatedly stated that he needed to be out of our house by 9pm (which he was not) and repeatedly emphasised the superiority of this course over any other, and thus seriously pressured me into signing documents quickly without reading the information. I believed I was signing up to pay course fees directly to Train4jobs, was not told I was entering into a loan with another company and unfortunately did not read the paperwork properly until I had an issue with Train4jobs, which was after the 14 day cancellation period had expired.

I have contacted the FCA and have found that Train4Jobs / MIC had 'no right to canvass off trade premises' at the time when I signed the loan agreement with them (Sept 2016).

Definition of canvassing off trade premises (regulated agreements).

(1)
    An individual (the “canvasser ”) canvasses a regulated agreement off trade premises if he solicits the entry (as debtor or hirer) of another individual (the “consumer ”) into the agreement by making oral representations to the consumer, or any other individual, during a visit by the canvasser to any place (not excluded by subsection (2)) where the consumer, or that other individual, as the case may be, is, being a visit—

(a)
    carried out for the purpose of making such oral representations to individuals who are at that place, but

(b)
    not carried out in response to a request made on a previous occasion.

What does this actually mean? I would like advice if that would render the loan invalid? So really my questions would be as follows:
    1. did T4J need written permission to come to my house and sell the loan?
    2. would filling in my details to request more information constitute as giving written permission to come to my house?
    3. does the fact that the salesman visited my house twice mean that T4J could argue that I requested that they come back (despite no mention of a loan)?

I would be so grateful for some help with this legal stuff!
    Tags: None

Originally posted by girlie View Post
    Hi, I have an issue with Train4jobs/Metropolitan International Schools LTD and would like some advice on how to go about cancelling the course and getting a refund.

I visited Train4jobs’ website and filled in my details (including my home address) to request more information about the distance learning course. A salesman then came to visit me at home and came with a sales brochure. The salesman then said he needed to return another day with a Maths test to make sure I was eligible for the course. At no point did the salesman mention a loan/fee agreement during the first visit. He then returned very late into the evening (at around 8.30pm) for the second visit and answered some of the maths questions for me as I was taking too long to answer them (thus rendering me ineligible for their own entry requirements). He then requested a £50 deposit to secure a place on the course. The salesman repeatedly stated that he needed to be out of our house by 9pm (which he was not) and repeatedly emphasised the superiority of this course over any other, and thus seriously pressured me into signing documents quickly without reading the information. I believed I was signing up to pay course fees directly to Train4jobs, was not told I was entering into a loan with another company and unfortunately did not read the paperwork properly until I had an issue with Train4jobs, which was after the 14 day cancellation period had expired.

I have contacted the FCA and have found that Train4Jobs / MIC had 'no right to canvass off trade premises' at the time when I signed the loan agreement with them (Sept 2016).

Definition of canvassing off trade premises (regulated agreements).

(1)
    An individual (the “canvasser ”) canvasses a regulated agreement off trade premises if he solicits the entry (as debtor or hirer) of another individual (the “consumer ”) into the agreement by making oral representations to the consumer, or any other individual, during a visit by the canvasser to any place (not excluded by subsection (2)) where the consumer, or that other individual, as the case may be, is, being a visit—

(a)
    carried out for the purpose of making such oral representations to individuals who are at that place, but

(b)
    not carried out in response to a request made on a previous occasion.

What does this actually mean? I would like advice if that would render the loan invalid? So really my questions would be as follows:
    1. did T4J need written permission to come to my house and sell the loan?
    2. would filling in my details to request more information constitute as giving written permission to come to my house?
    3. does the fact that the salesman visited my house twice mean that T4J could argue that I requested that they come back (despite no mention of a loan)?

I would be so grateful for some help with this legal stuff!
    hi
    i am in the same contact with train4jobs wich i want to cancel the contact the salesman did exactly the same as he did in your case please let me know how you getting on with and if we can share the information we can have better chance of wining

Comment

Hi I want to know if I can get out my credit agreement with them

Comment

Hi everyone,
        I have the same problem with train4jobs like so many people here...
        I signed for a full escope 2 and 3 level electrical installations course and I have been failed on the health and safety online attendance test without any feedback from they website. Them I received a printed version (out of date) from the health and safety test. In that moment I realized that this college never would allow me to get any certification or finish the course... know I am trapped in a loan with finance company and looking for a way to get out from this nightmare and if possible get my money back.

Comment

I called Train4jobs jobs and I asked for they accreditation and they refused to give me...

Comment

Instead they gave accreditation from EER, I think this is wrong as well...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X