• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Help

Hi guys

i can VT my fiat 500 on the 1st February, which I will be doing. I am getting a new car on the 1st March.

i was wondering when I should send out the letters etc, as I don’t want to be without a car so ideally I want them to collect it as close to the 1st March as possible.

Can anyone help me please?
    Tags: None

Re: VT Help

Hello,

The more notice you give the better as it can take some time before they actually respond. If you want to VT on 1 February there are some template letters here and you will just need to amend it to say that the agreement will terminate on the specified date.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...tter-Templates
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hello,

The more notice you give the better as it can take some time before they actually respond. If you want to VT on 1 February there are some template letters here and you will just need to amend it to say that the agreement will terminate on the specified date.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...tter-Templates
      thank you, I’m looking to VT as close to the 1st March as possible as I don’t want to be without a car. So if I set the date as the 28th Feb but send the letter out at the beginning of Feb, and cancel my direct debit so I don’t pay on the 1st March, would that be okay? Thanks

Comment

That should be fine, and make arrangements for the car to be collected on that day or thereabouts.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          That should be fine, and make arrangements for the car to be collected on that day or thereabouts.
          Great thanks for your help

Comment

So I’m getting ready to send off my letter as my new car will be here hopefully 1st march! (dealership is giving me a set in stone date closer too).
            I was just wondering if that when I pick my new car up, I have to leave my insurance on my old car(the one I am VTing) ??
            Â*
            As ideally I want to swap the insurance over to my new car, but I may still have my old one if they havent collected it yet?
            Â*
            Thanks
            Â*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X