• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lots of site issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replying from a Samsung S5 but there is no Quote option that I can see
    Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

all fine here using linux chromium, chrome and firefox. whole site renders better now on nix varients, will test it on a pi this weekend.

Oh I dunno.... anyone any ideas....? ( switching between IOS-8859-1 and UTF-8 doesn't seem to make any difference to this specific issue )
      Isnt UTF-8 less likley to have problem especialy with all the varing devices using your site. Older VB installs had some problems with the setting saying utf-8 but it outputting at . ISO-8859-1

heres a posting with some details. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...y-utf8-problem

crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
        Replying from a Samsung S5 but there is no Quote option that I can see
        Have to swivel to landscape to edit or quote.... only so much fits across 2.5" apparently lol. But thank you, no weird characters so it could just be Iphones.... here's hoping.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
          all fine here using linux chromium, chrome and firefox. whole site renders better now on nix varients, will test it on a pi this weekend.

Isnt UTF-8 less likley to have problem especialy with all the varing devices using your site. Older VB installs had some problems with the setting saying utf-8 but it outputting at . ISO-8859-1

heres a posting with some details. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...y-utf8-problem
          Working now
          Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
            Thank you !!

Thanks CC. Yes indeed, when switching to UTF-8 it breaks a LOT of old stuff which needs some coding to sort out, but doesn't actually fix the issue of the A*'s on iphone posting....I'll probably end up having to sort that out anyway tbh and that's where I was looking to start with but it only started on Friday, when I put on the google sitesearch.... so need to research really WHY the google onsite search creates such an issue language wise - presumably thats a UTF ISO related issue too. Removing Google onsite search isn't on at the moment and I removed the coding, which fixed the issue on desktop... but why didn't it fix it on IOs... I'm sure it's related and not pure coincidence.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

For ref: https://developers.google.com/custom...s/ref_encoding Amethyst
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Mobile A symbols fixed now

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Is the member's list no longer accessible, or am I just too illiterate computerwise to find it?

Comment

The Who's Online bit should be http://legalbeagles.info/forums/online
                    Memberlist is http://legalbeagles.info/forums/memberlist
                    There's no link to the memberlist as it's pretty useless and pointless.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi on chrome only. the message doesw not close at the top of every page. heres a picky
                      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I've had to chose whether the A*'s all over the shop are more or less annoying than losing some posts. So we've lost some posts. If you notice any missing posts if you can give me a link, I can revert them to get them back in place, but unfortunately it's something I'm having to do manually so please be patient.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm still getting those*A*s and gobbldegook when I'm hitting the return key writing posts.*

Any way to get rid of them or is it a case of putting up?
                          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

For now it's a case of putting up - I can make them go, but we also lose a bunch of posts with no rhyme or reason - it is driving me completely batty trying to sort it...
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

They shouldn't appear right at the moment - but I'm going to have to go find the missing posts and manually reenter them as much as possible - so they may come and go for a while.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

A AaßsaaaaaaaaÃ* oppps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X