• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Queen Sanctuary - dedicated to Queen fans everywhere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Queen Sanctuary - dedicated to Queen fans everywhere

Freddie Mercury-the great pretender

Last edited by Turboman; 28th April 2008, 22:14:PM.

Comment

nice
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

These songs are not actually recognized as pure Queen sounds so posted them in 70's here HERE

During the Summer of 1972, QUEEN were to be found lurking in the corridors and reception area of Trident Studios, London, waiting for any available studio time so they could work on their debut album.
        Their sudio deal with Trident had not yet been signed, and the likes of David Bowie and Elton John kept the studios - then considered the best in London - extremely busy.
        At the time, Trident staff engineer/producer Robin Cable was working on an old Beach Boys song called "I Can Hear Music", a song co-written with Phil Spector.
        Spector had recently been in the studios recording with his wife Ronnie and, suitably inspired, Robin decided to have a go at re-creating the 'Spector sound' himself.
        He'd heard FREDDIE MERCURY singing with Queen and, aware that the band had plenty of free time in between recording sessions, he asked the singer if he'd sing the vocals for the track in question.
        At Freddie's insistence, fellow Queen members Roger Taylor and Brian May were drafted in to add percussion and guitars, though bassist John Deacon was not present at recording.
        Freddie also sang lead vocals on "Goin' Back", an old Goffin & King song covered by Dusty Springfield and the Byrds.
        Robin Cable loved the songs so much that he persuaded Trident to release them, via their arrangement with EMI Records, to whom Queen were already signed.

However, it took almost a year for the disc to appear, and when it did, Queen's own first album was not too far away, and so a pseudomyn had to be used.
        As the songs were so far removed from the Queen sound, it was decided to spoof Gary Glitter by crediting the record to LARRY LUREX, a name after the shiny lurex thread used liberally in stage clothes of the time.
        The single was released at the height of Glittermania, on June 29th 1973 (EMI 2030).
        But most DJs failed to appreciate the gag. There was virtually no air-play so that the record sold just few copies. At that time nobody could have imagined that the record was to become the coveted collector's item which it remains today, changing hands for hundreds of pounds.

I Can Hear Music

Words and Music by Phil Spector

This is the way I always dreamed it would be
        The way that it is, o-oh, when you are holding me
        I never had a love of my own
        Maybe that's why when we're all alone
        I can hear music
        I can hear music
        Sounds of the city baby seem to disappear
        Oh well I can hear music
        Sweet sweet music
        When ever you touch me baby
        Whenever you're near
        Loving you it keeps me satisfied
        And I can't explain,oh no,the way I'm feeling inside
        You look at me we kiss and then
        I close my eyes and here it comes again
        I can hear music
        I can hear music
        Sounds of the city baby seem to disappear
        Oh well I can hear music
        Sweet sweet music
        Whenever you're near
        I can hear music
        Sweet sweet music
        Whenever you're near
        I can hear music
        Sweet sweet music
        Whenever you're near

Going Back

Words and music by Goffin and King

I think I'm going back
        To the things I learnt so well in my youth
        I think I'm returning to
        Those days when I was young enough to know the truth
        Now there are no games
        To only pass the time
        No more colouring books
        No Christmas bells to chime
        But thinking young and growing older is no sin
        And I can't play the game of life to win
        I can recall a time
        When I wasn't ashamed to reach out to a friend
        And now I think I've got
        A lot more than just my toys to lend
        Now there's more to do
        Than watch my sailboat glide
        And every day can be
        My magic carpet ride
        And I can play hide and seek with my fears
        And live my days instead of counting my years
        Then everyone debates
        The true reality
        I'd rather see the world
        The way it used to be
        A little bit of freedom's all we lack
        So catch me if you can
        I'm going back

Comment

Heres a tear jerker

Freddie Mercury and Monserrat Caballe - How Can I Go On
          Last edited by Turboman; 16th June 2008, 09:35:AM.

Comment

Queen Rock - Montreal 1981 concert filmed live in front of 18000 fans.

Being shown on Sky Arts Premier Saturday 21st June at 9pm

Comment

Thanks Calamity--found Sky Arts at channel 267--what number is Sky Arts Premier?

Comment

Don't know Just saw it in the paper. Think it might mean it's a premier on Sky Arts.
                -------------------------- merged -----------------------------
                Found it :rockon:

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/SkyArts/Mus...spx?artid=5607
                Last edited by calamity jane; 16th June 2008, 10:15:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
                  Don't know Just saw it in the paper. Think it might mean it's a premier on Sky Arts.
                  -------------------------- merged -----------------------------
                  Found it :rockon:

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/SkyArts/Mus...spx?artid=5607
                  Curtain Call--7 mins to go!!!

Comment

Ok Ok--been a bit quite lately!!

Are you:cry: all ready for another deluge of Queen?---LOL

Comment

Stop Press!!!
                      ITV4-- now Freddie Mercury-Magic:remixed till 10:00
                      then
                      ITV4-- Queen Live in Rio--10:00 to 11:20

Me thinks I will be posting a bit next week!!--LOL :G< :G<

Comment

Queen + Paul Rodgers - 'Cosmos Rockin'' (Live In Kharkov)

Comment

Queen Paul Rodgers - Feel Like Making Love

I was amused by this observation by Vox over on PC

I would say that think the song with PR are more rock orientated and rawer than with Freddie the guitar work is less of the "Queen type"......there's a guitar solo on YouTube that is pure Skids at the start,and on their version of All Right Now good guitar work in the style of Paul Kosoff.
                          I don't think May would have done that with Queen.

Could it be that they are now a "cover band" covering Queen and Paul Rodger songs??

I did note on youtube the Paul Rodger and Free fans liked the tracks,but the Queen fans mostly said "he's not Freddie"..which is obvious .

Comment

Formula One Renault Engine Tribute To Queen

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Well as you all know I don't do technical that well, so am not going to be posting any videos. But just wanted to say that I saw Queen live at the NEC, about 1983 I think it was. They were superb! Brain May solo on the acoustic guitar was amazing!
                              Is no longer here

Comment

STOP PRESS

Sky Arts 1--Queen Week Mon-Friday-

9:00 -11:00

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X