• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

That 60's music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That 60's music

Who else could I have chosen but The Beatles --Help!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibX3TejlZE

Re: That 60's music

Not the original vid couldnt find it

Frank Sinatra - My Way

Comment

The Velvet Underground & Nico - Venus In Furs

Comment

Comment

Comment

The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreaming

One of the songs that defined the late 60s. :hippie:

Few other songs have captured the moment as well as this one.

Comment

The Zombies - She's Not There

Featuring the amazing voice of Colin Blunstone and one of the most haunting and original songs of the 60s. Also note the boys' tight trousers at half mast and the android-like women that really frighten me. I can't work out why the one is laying in the middle of it all on a chaise longue.

The chief mover behind this band was the famous keyboard-player Rod Argent, who later founded Argent and had a big hit with 'Hold Your Head Up'.

He and Colin still tour, and you can see some amazing feeds of them here
              Rod Argent.com home page

2007 U.S. tour - "The Zombies, still led by original keyboard wizard Rod Argent and featuring the smoked-silk vocals of Colin Blunstone, is the best 60s band still touring which doesn't have Mick Jagger as a front man" - The Washington Times

One of their songs is also acknowledged by Dave Grohl:

In a recent filmed interview in Scandinavia, Dave Grohl, of "THE FOO FIGHTERS" named Care of Cell 44 , from O & O, as the track which changed his life .........
              Last edited by Kafka; 21st March 2008, 15:23:PM.

Comment

Little Richard - Lucille

This was live in the UK

Comment

The other PJ...........

One for the girls............:kiss:

P J Proby - Hold Me

PJ is an American, brought up with Elvis who went out with his sister.
                  In his stage shows he had the habit of splitting his tight trousers and displaying his wares, which was the chief source of his fame TBH.

Note the 18th-century top and ponytail and the background choreography in silhouette reminiscent of Jailhouse Rock (all done by Elvis).

My kind of entrance too - I'm not sure, but I think enaid might be one of the bugle girls at the start. She was certainly playing the bugle around this time. :horn:

PJ loved Britain so much we could never get rid of him and he's still here living on the dole.

Comment

Kafka

What else was he famous for?

Clue:

Split Tr....

Comment

The Rolling Stones - Paint it Blace

Comment

another Stones song - Time is on my Side

Comment

Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg -- Je t'aime... Moi Non Plus

Comment

Nice one Calamity---what a commotion this one caused all those years ago!

Comment

The Kinks - Days

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X