• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How-to-Post-YouTube-videos---Revised 31/10/2012

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-to-Post-YouTube-videos---Revised 31/10/2012

How-to-Post-YouTube-videos---Revised 31/10/2012

The method of posting Youtube videos was described in this original thread

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...YouTube-videos

This involved using Youtube Tags and enclosing [ ] square brackets which lots of people never really liked, or understood.

Since the recent upgrade to the site--it is now very easy indeed as we have access to a special Youtube Icon at top of the message bar that does all the work for us. (in actual fact it is a Video Icon as it also allows videos from the sites as below--but as Youtube is the dominant and most popular site of the bunch--this thread will be soley about Youtube posting.

Hulu YouTube (Long) YouTube (Short) Vimeo Dailymotion Metacafe Google facebook

The old method of posting Youtube videos will still work by the way -- but this thread details the new simple method which I reccommend everybody now uses.

I have found that sometimes the dialogue box won't respond to "ok"--so after experimentation--I have deduced

• Always insert your video BEFORE posting any other text (add text afterwards if required)
    • Only 1 Video is allowed per post under this new method
    Last edited by Turboman; 1st November 2012, 10:34:AM. Reason: mention of other sites supported
    Tags: None

Re: How-to-Post-YouTube-videos---Revised 31/10/2012

There's 3 simple steps:

a)-Step 1...................Select your video in Youtube and then click Share as in the screenshot (A) below
    then when its link is highlighted in blue--hover over it,right click & select Copy

or

right click the URL address (as arrowed) and also hover over it,right click & select Copy

Either method is ok for Youtube--but I personally prefer clicking Share
    Other supported sites as mentioned in post 1 should use the URL address though as they don't have the Share facility

(A)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

b)-Step 2
    .....................click
    the icon that looks like a film strip -- as below--and the screen (B) as in following post will appear

Last edited by Turboman; 1st November 2012, 10:36:AM. Reason: mention of other supported sites

Comment

(B)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Step 3................hover over dialogue box,right click and PASTE the link-----the dialogue box will now look like as below at

(C)

Click OK--and your message area will look like the screenshot (D) as below

(D)

Comment

Comment

Your feedback appreciated

Comment

Think this gives the best feedback possible! Thank you.

Comment

FWIW, the Queen & S&G clips play just fine on my old jalopy. I have to use IE, as my Google Chrome audio doesn't work ATM - but Both the video and the audio work just fine. Can't fault Bohemian Rhapsody - never could. As for 'Bridge' - that's always been a fave of mine, and that live version is nice. Most appropriate choice in these troubled times, if I may say so !!!

I'll have a go at following Turbo's instructions and see if I can post a bit of ELO - by way of contrast...

Comment

I used method (a)

Sorry about the speling - AND the French !!!

Comment

Perfect - looks like you've done a good job Turbo. There are two big challenges now - both were chatting about this with you in the chat box earlier! lol

The French adds to it - I've always adored the language and culture, and maintained up until about 10 years ago that at some stage I would go and live and work there.

Bon choix Monsieur Chevalier!
                  Last edited by labman; 1st November 2012, 00:04:AM.

Comment

Well done, Turbo (said through gritted teeth, of course). Job done, I reckon.

So - you have aspirations of becoming a frog, then, Mr L ? Go for it, I say. LOL @ L'homme du chien - Merci beaucoup, mon ami !!! (Soz - nearest I can get, given my French O-Level tutelage.) I had aspirations of becoming a prince (middle name IS Harry !!!) - but some other bunch of toffs pipped me at the jolly old post !!! Alas, a Knighthood was never on the cards, either - despite my many and varied attempts at rescuing damsels. Perhaps I should post summat by good ol' Maurice himself, but - seeing as I'm in a 'noisy' mood - I'll try some Gary Moore. Even Carlos Santana 'sacrificed his soul' by trying to imitate this, I believe, with 'Europa.'

I've deliberately tried writing the post text BEFORE adding the 'You-Tube' filmstrip link - just to see what happens.

Bon chance, mes amis....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                      LOL @ L'homme du chien - Merci beaucoup, mon ami !!! (Soz - nearest I can get, given my French O-Level tutelage.)
                      Wuff!!!:beagle:

Signed: Dogman (has a certain charm I guess pmsl!)

Comment

Bitch.

Comment

Sorry - couldn't resist that! :tinysmile_kiss_t4::tinysmile_kiss_t4::beagle:

Comment

Comment

Yay!!!!! There's one of the two. You've worked miracles here Turbo.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X