• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Regulating retail banking conduct of business - consultation paper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulating retail banking conduct of business - consultation paper

CP08/19: Regulating retail banking conduct of business

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp08_19.pdf

1.1 In this Consultation Paper (CP) we are seeking views on a proposed new framework for regulating retail banking conduct of business.

proposed implementation November 2009 - same time as Payment Services Directive which you can view Payment Services Directive

4.5 The OFT has recently completed a consultation on its market study on personal
    current accounts.We are liaising closely on the interaction between its potential
    remedies for the weaknesses identified and our proposals.We believe that the highlevel
    rules we are suggesting, together with the PSD requirements, should help to
    address a number of issues identified in the market study, for example, lack of
    transparency on pricing of relevant products and services.

Makes interesting reading if a little hard going.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Regulating retail banking conduct of business - consultation paper

''We also note the increased volume of complaints arising in relation to current and savings accounts. While these involve only a small percentage of total users, minor regulatory and market failures can add up to significant cumulative numbers.''

I don't know what the percentage is of current account users that have complained but by volume it must be in the hundreds of thousands. So to discribe it as ''only a small percentage'' is playing it down a bit.

Do you fancy having a bash at this Ame? I've not finished reading it yet but it may that be we could re-hash some of the material in our OFT consultation as it wouldn't have been seen by the FSA.

Comment

This and the consumer responsibility one.

Tools is up for it on the consumer responsibility consultation.

It is very heavy going this BSCOB one have a bit of a headstart which I;ll email you though.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        ''We also note the increased volume of complaints arising in relation to current and savings accounts. While these involve only a small percentage of total users, minor regulatory and market failures can add up to significant cumulative numbers.''

I don't know what the percentage is of current account users that have complained but by volume it must be in the hundreds of thousands. So to discribe it as ''only a small percentage'' is playing it down a bit.

According to the BBA's own poll, a staggering 13% of people last visted their branch to complain, compared with 4% to arrange a loan or overdraft and 10% to get advice.

(2) Why did you last go into your branch?

to arrange a loan / overdraft
        4%

to get some advice
        10%

to complain
        13%

to pay in a cheque
        55%

to get cash
        15%

BBA Disclaimer: Results are indications only and do not necessarily represent general public opinion.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X