• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ombudsman MSE report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ombudsman MSE report

https://images6.moneysavingexpert.co...407.1444140070

“MoneySavingExpert.com is calling on the Government to overhaul the “farcical” ombudsman complaints system, in a damning report which reveals some consumers feel escalating concerns is a “complete waste of time”.

Martin Lewis is well known as founder of the the Money Saving Expert website. On 1st November 2017 he presented his report on ombudsmen services to the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Consumer Protection. We are not told what they made of it ! (Actually there have been some big news stories on the same day).

Although FOS and the Legal Ombudsman come out better than some of the others, they are still shown to have much room for improvement. If you have time, please take a look at the full report which has some useful graphs and stats regarding what people thought of the various ombudsmen. For instance 54% though their experience with FOS was poor, and 73% thought the same about the legal ombudsman.
    Tags: None

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index...b-62ac8347b841

Caroline Wayman, Chief Ombudsman and CEO, and Annette Lovell, Director of Engagement, appeared on 15th Jan 2018 in front of the Parliamentary Treasury Sub-Committee. The Chair, John Mann MP started by suggesting that FOS was not a very “happy ship” and that staff had many complaints, according to an internal survey and the Internet Website “Glassdoor”; he said that only 9% of the staff who used Glassdoor approved of the CEO and asked what messages had been missed. Ms Wayman responded to the questions with a display of smooth management-speak, and did not seem unduly concerned…there had been many changes at FOS which staff did not like. The Glassdoor website is to be found here to read what the staff have to say.

The entire appearance is on Parliamentary TV at this website. Its essential viewing for FOS staff and anyone interested in the latest state of affairs at the FOS, or who wants to know what the adjudicator (or is it investigator ?) case closure targets are per week, it varies according to department.

Glassdoor has been publishing unhappy reviews of FOS for years…(they also have a recruitment section with adjudicator/case handler jobs available recently at £159-209 per day).

Comment

Not quite the same but I have been dealing with the Energy Ombudsman & to say they are waste of space is probably a compliment to them.
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X