• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Cambridge Carol

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cambridge Carol

    Hi, I'm a beginner so bear with me...Having major headache with my local council. Bought a leasehold flat 4 years ago & though council issued a building certificate they've recently admitted that my cretin freeholder has broken every building reg in the book. An offer to serve an injunction has now been retracted & they claim that they'll negotiate with the freeholder to make good. Though they've accepted no liability they've offered to contribute through public purse. Compensation was mentioned though they've taken a uturn. I'm expected to move out of my home, for 6 weeks, without any assurance a court order would guarantee. I'm considering an LGO complaint but suspect it's probably a waste of time...any ideas people?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Cambridge Carol

    tagging [MENTION=15129]Crazy council[/MENTION] xx
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.

    It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...

    recte agens confido


    Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

    I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is kati@legalbeaglesgroup.com
    But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

    Specialist advice can be sought via our sister site JustBeagle


    • #3
      Re: Cambridge Carol


      It seems like your saying that you bought a flat ( part of house/block/premesis ), and there is problems with the CERTS that the owner/developer bas issued by the council. That the council took action but have backed off to allow the developer to remidy the issuse

      This is not as uncommon as you may think.

      You should be compensated well for moving out if thats needed, whilst its done, any further compo would depend on the works jnheeded doing, any long term affect on the property and if you would have know this item at time of purchase, would it havestoped your purchase. Sometimes the deads deal with these matters, especialy in more modern developments.

      Depends what the works are really
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even



      No announcement yet.

      upgrade to vip

      Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

      only £15/yr

      Offers available. No subscription traps.

      sign up now

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm