• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a stolen car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a stolen car!

Hi, I bought a car for 21k 5months ago in good faith..... similar scenario to some I have read!

Do I have any hope of recouping the money through insurance or other?
    Tags: None

Re: I bought a stolen car!

where dud you buy the car? and how did you pay if you used A HPI check might be some insurance
    To get help from others you will need to give some more info on this

Comment

More info would be useful but If the vehicle was subject to finance, the finance company will be the lawful owner. If an insurance company has settled a claim with the lawful owner, then the vehicle belongs to the insurance company.
      You might be able to do a deal with the lawful owner.

Comment

I agree with Des, more information is needed but I wouldn't say that the owner is entitled to have the stolen car returned, there are exceptions which may apply
        DISCLAIMER: ANY CONTENT I POST IS INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTION FOR LEGAL ADVICE. I MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OF MY POSTS NOR DO I ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY. USE OF ANY CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND COST AND I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY. YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE BY GOING TO Law Society's Find A Solicitor OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Comment

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint
        Working...
        X