• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consultation on COURT FEES - N244 up to £255 in APRIL - HAVE YOUR SAY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consultation on COURT FEES - N244 up to £255 in APRIL - HAVE YOUR SAY

Please sign https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/104762

Comment

Just signed ...X 2....count 33 signatures
      Sparkie

Comment

Signed
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Yip - dunnit and passing around. Well done as usual, Ame! :hail:

Comment

Done X 2

TINKS X

Comment

Thanks All. We're up to 49 signatures now so a very long way to go. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/104762 Please share and remind people what the effects of this rise would be.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Signed
                Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Now shared on my Facebook
                  Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Proposals for further reforms to court fees
                    Court fees proposals for reform
                    Consultation on the reform of court fees
                    Give Us Your Views

Online Survey
                    Related Documents

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Please could someone post this on the other forums that handle county court claims.... thank you xxx

Please help ask the government not to increase the fee for a general application in civil proceedings to £255

The government are proposing to increase the court fee for a general application in civil proceedings ( the N244 application used to ask to set aside a default judgment, apply for a stay, compliance with a 31.14 request, strike out a statement of case... and so on ) from £155 to £255.

A large number of people who receive a court claim need to use an application at some point during the defence of their case.

I believe this is a disproportionate rise and will have a detrimental affect on vulnerable consumers and only serve to further restrict access to justice.

I have started a petition to ask Government to reconsider. PLEASE SIGN

Last year the government held a consultation, 96% of respondents, including the law society and money advice service said NO to the raise. Yet the government have decided to go ahead with it regardless. You can see that consultation http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/justice-committee/inquiries/parliament-2015/inquiry-name/
                      The rises also include divorce court fee rising by £140 and the maximum court fee doubling from £10k to £20k for bringing high value cases ( such as for medical negligence / personal injury ).

I'm concentrating on the Application fee as this affects everyone who has ever received a court claim or default judgment.

Applications are generally made ex-parte in the following situations.

• to suspend a possession order to pay back mortgage or rent arrears in instalments;
                      • to suspend a warrant of possession for rent or mortgage arrears;
                      • to pay a county court judgment in instalments;
                      • to vary the terms of an instalment order on a county court judgment;
                      • to suspend a warrant of control to stop enforcement agent action;
                      • to pay the warrant in instalments as part of the suspension of a warrant of control;
                      • to ask for a stay of execution in the High Court to suspend a writ of control
                      • to ask for a transfer to your local court for a hearing;
                      • to vary the terms of a charging order or to pay by instalments on a charging order;
                      • to apply for a time order in the course of proceedings for eligible agreements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (secured loans, hire purchase and conditional sale agreements and unsecured loan agreements);
                      • to set aside a judgment made in error or where there is a defence to the claim;
                      • to vary the terms of an attachment of earnings order or to apply for a consolidated attachment of earnings order.

I have started a petition to ask Government to reconsider. PLEASE SIGN and PLEASE SHARE
                      Last edited by Tools; 29th July 2015, 08:54:AM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                        Page 29 of the consultation ref first tier tribunal for information commisioner .. Ie ref foi ... Introducing charges ??
                        https://www.cfoi.org.uk/2015/07/fees-for-foi-appeals/

The Ministry of Justice is consulting on proposals that fees should be introduced for appeals to the Tribunal against Information Commissioner FOI decisions. The proposals would have serious implications for individual FOI requesters and the general public. However, figuring out precisely where these proposals can be found is a little tricky.

The consultation document confusingly combines the new proposals on fees for FOI appeals with the government’s response to an earlier consultation about fees for other kinds of legal proceedings.

From an FOI point of view, the key part of the consultation is on page 29 of the consultation document. This deals with proposed fees for appeals to the First-tier Tribunal (General Regulatory Chamber). This is the part of the tribunal system which, amongst other things, deals with appeals against decisions of the Information Commissioner under the FOI Act and Environmental Information Regulations. The Information Commissioner is mentioned (just once) in paragraph 124.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Have put this in campaigns on CAG so if anyone else puts it on there put it in another forum if possible please

Comment

CitizenB suggested I put this on FB and twitter they have signed so looks like it wil lstay onCAG

Comment

Thank you xx I put it on MSE. As you said on CAG it's tough getting people interested as it doesn't affect people until they need to make an application. I'll have to try some emotional blackmailing lol.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Thank you xx I put it on MSE. As you said on CAG it's tough getting people interested as it doesn't affect people until they need to make an application. I'll have to try some emotional blackmailing lol.
                                This is only the tip of the iceberg imho, if this sails through with no objection then there will be no end to pricing us out of our rights.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X