• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance

I'm new to the forum if I've done the wrong thing please direct me how to fix it and I apologise for the inconvenience. Below is my problem.

I had took a car on HP in 2001 but in 2002 lost my job and asked the company to pick up the car. They did not so I stopped paying for 2 months they picked up the car Sept 2002, it was registered as defaulted on my credit file, I had no further communication from the company until Sept 2003 when I was contacted by Welcome Finance who said that they were the owners of the debt and that I owed a £7800 figure. I had entered debt management and after stating that there was no way I could owe this amount the debt was reduced to £3000 and I started paying through the debt management company. I paid through the debt management company and but stopped paying in 2008 when the debt should have been removed from my credit file. When the debt was should have been removed it appeared on my credit file again as a new defaulted in March 2008 by Welcome Finance, I made a complaint to the financial ombudsman and they left me for a while and instead of removing the report they recorded it as settled and put it as satisfactory. In 2010 they started chasing me to say I owed £580 I asked for a statement and was sent two stating different amounts of £380 this was a huge difference and I started to question their ethics even more than before. I once again went to the Financial Ombudsman but the didn't seem to understand my question and they kept going on about PPi which I hadn't tried to claim. It was however agreed that the amount was £380 as the company couldn't prove which figure was owed. I've lost all my paperwork and don't know how I had dealt with it before, I do know that I have ignored all correspondence dealing with this.

I've never sent a letter asking for original agreement (which I probably should have) and have not made any payment since 2008 and have tried to ignore any letters from Welcome.

Today I received a letter from Direct Legal which states that they have bought the debt on 28/3/13 exactly 5 years since welcome changed the status on my credit file, there is also a letter from Welcome Finance both dated 3rd May attached to the DLC letter to say they have sold the debt to these people. DLC have threatened to start reporting against my credit file within 30 days of the letter. I really do not know what to do with these people, this will be the third time the same credit account will be defaulted and I am tired of dealing with these people. My credit report was almost excellent but its now 148 as I have been unemployed for a year. I am tired of trying to deal with this debt and wanted to know how I can stop this once and for all as this has now been going on for 10years and seems never endin and its quite depressing.

Thank you all for reading my long post.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance

you are only just over a year from the debt being statute barred which means that no furthe court action can be taken against you . Write to welcome as the original creditor and send them a third party cheque for £10 advising them that you are making a subject data acess request. also add at the top of the letter "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company. I suspect that what has happened is that your account has been rewritten at some point by welcome and you were not told. lokk on the account for spurious charges particularly teelpone call charges and letter charges. check if they sold you payment protection insurance . It used to beundled into all loans as standard. If to hyou then try a reclaim ave sold it

Comment

thank you very much for answering, sorry i didn't reply earlier have been so depressed about this. Any format for the subject data access request and would a postal order do for a third party cheque, i know my questions may seem a bit stupid, but i'm learning. thanks in advance for your help

Comment

Also i think I posted it in the wrong forum so apologies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X