• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMRC Computer Systems Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HMRC Computer Systems Down

I work for an outsourcers, so if one company needs help its all hands to the pumps.

This week I have had my multitalented hat on, and worked William Hill today, HMRC, my normal 02 work and been a hostess with the mostes on reception..

Can I go to bed now.. for a month@???

Comment

Think of the wage packet hun

Comment

yeh i get that and hit Matalan i think.. we need picnic chairs, holiday clothes, i saw a lovely top with a leopard on it that I have me eye on and some money for a new car methinks!!

Comment

Puff,,,are the phones at the tax credit offices being manned by non HMRC employees today?

Comment

No idea, but we all got extra training (now multiskilled) on HMRC details, also there are floor walkers everywhere.

Going in normal today, no overtime but a poorly girlie today

I will ask and get back to you.

Comment

Whats up? Not the dreaded lurgy!
              I thought anyone working with HMRC/DWP etc had to pass all sorts of checks/DPA etc..that's why I asked...don't wanna be chatting to any Tom Dick or Harry who can access my personal data. lol
              (and I dunno what a floorwalker is hun)

Comment

Well this has worked completely in my favour having had 3 VAT returns to deal with one was filed last week, the other on Saturday when they were up and running again and as much as I wanted to finish the third and LARGEST return.... at 8:30pm last night I was dead beat and could not concentrate any furher. Just finished now and my reasoning for being a day late was that the computers were down and I could not file them until this morning.

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                Yay!! That's good news for the online users Tutts,,The man I spoke to yesterday has pre warned that the phone lines are going to be manic next week....and my query wasn't worth the efforts of trying to get through until the end of the week.. They certainly picked their time to update the system didn't they??

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                  Whats up? Not the dreaded lurgy!
                  I thought anyone working with HMRC/DWP etc had to pass all sorts of checks/DPA etc..that's why I asked...don't wanna be chatting to any Tom Dick or Harry who can access my personal data. lol
                  (and I dunno what a floorwalker is hun)
                  Rest assured people, every single unit in the place i work has what his know as ISO security rating 1, which is the highest security rating a call centre can have, every member of staff undergoes an enhanced disclosure at point of employment.

DPA is taken incredibly seriously, to the point where mobile phones are locked in a locker at the other side of the office before you start work!

A floor walker is a supervisor type bod.

Comment

Well it seems to me that HMRC are now outsourcing much of their work - cutting down on jobs - but still having to pay for call centres such as the one that Rose is working for.

I was just wondering what sort of experience do the call centres have to answer question on behalf of HMRC or are they just taking calls and telling them to call back in a few days?

At least this call centre is in the UK.... but how long before HMRC find they can outsource to other coutries where overheads and staff bills are considerably cheaper and where our data is not protected.

Comment

Yay!! I'm glad the shutdown helped you Tutts xxxx

Comment

just been told HMRC and up and at em..

go get em girlie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                          just been told HMRC and up and at em..

go get em girlie!!
                          Uh? wassat mean? (being dense,,it's Monday)

Comment

back to normal.. whatever normal

Comment

I'm totally confused...so if I ring HMRC today (even though I won't cos I been told by them not to bother unless it's urgent cos they will be manic).....I would be speaking to an actual HMRC employer or to someone in your call centre?
                              What I'm trying (and failing) to establish is........does your place have access to my records? Confused? Try being in my head lmao

Comment

the people were I work are trained by the HMRC themselves and only people in that unit have access to your details, but once the call is finished they cannot access them again as paper is banned (yes banned) on that unit.

if you ring today, you will get either someone in a HMRC office or one of the outsourcers they use, who are trained by HMRC and vetted by HMRC.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X