• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LegalBeagles: beagles at the supreme court. exc will be reporting from inside the cou

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LegalBeagles: beagles at the supreme court. exc will be reporting from inside the cou

LegalBeagles: beagles at the supreme court. exc will be reporting from inside the court room. kicks off 9.45

More...

Re: LegalBeagles: beagles at the supreme court. exc will be reporting from inside the

Everybody, ReTweet. :tinysmile_grin_t:
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: LegalBeagles: beagles at the supreme court. exc will be reporting from inside the

lol ............................

Comment

LegalBeagles: oft lose case against banks.supreme court rules

LegalBeagles: oft lose case against banks.supreme court rules

More...

Comment

LegalBeagles: oft continue to look at charge levels under competition rules.

LegalBeagles: oft continue to look at charge levels under competition rules.

More...

Comment

LegalBeagles: angela knight crowing aboutbank win. its not over yet.

LegalBeagles: angela knight crowing aboutbank win. its not over yet.

More...

Comment

LegalBeagles: fsa confirm waiver has now lapsed. banks must deal with complaints in 8

LegalBeagles: fsa confirm waiver has now lapsed. banks must deal with complaints in 8 weeks. expect declines.

More...

Comment

Re: LegalBeagles: fsa confirm waiver has now lapsed. banks must deal with complaints

I have just phone my County Court where we have several cases stayed. They said to write in with case numbers and proof of FSA waiver lift they will now continue with the court claim.

Bring it on.....

Comment

LegalBeagles: people with overdrafts held don.t panic. will advise when back from lon

LegalBeagles: people with overdrafts held don.t panic. will advise when back from london.

More...

Comment

LegalBeagles: moj expect moorebick to keep things on hold until oft announcement on f

LegalBeagles: moj expect moorebick to keep things on hold until oft announcement on further action

More...

Comment

Re: LegalBeagles: fsa confirm waiver has now lapsed. banks must deal with complaints

Expect settlements whilst the Banks think they can get rid of people before this goes further would be my guess!

Comment

Ed, do you think the cases that are at Court, if a letter was done to the actual banks and ask them to cough up - politely of course?

Originally posted by ed. View Post
                        Expect settlements whilst the Banks think they can get rid of people before this goes further would be my guess!

Comment

I wouldn't think so yet. Let's see what the OFT announce next, as this is by no means over and I can just see Banks offering a tempting sum in full and final to get rid of as many as possible.

Depending on what the OFT do, for those who want to a little kicker of a letter once everything has been digested properly, explaining that and then suggesting a % settlement may work.

But I'd give that till next week at least. Afterall, if the OFT announce they are going straight to stage 2 on other issues still open etc the FSA will kick the waiver back in and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by ed. View Post
                            Afterall, if the OFT announce they are going straight to stage 2 on other issues still open etc the FSA will kick the waiver back in and so on.
                            Does that mean that we'll wait again for OFT to go back to court and try a different argument?

Thanks

Lumi x
                            Luminol x

Comment

Possibly, which would've always been the most likely case unless the Banks started settling regardless.

Thing is the ultimate arguments we all used the OFT didn't really, this is why the greatest joy of the Test Case was really seeing the other angles open up as lines of argument, even though although the OFT argument wasn't perfect I did think it would get through.

This Appeal deals with Reg 6 (and Phillips etc talk about Reg 5 being open). Reg 5 is what we've all used.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X