• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

I think one good thing about this site is that we have always tried to look at problems from all angles . And as an ex BS employee I also appreciate that.

We dont judge people - but we do appreciate that problems are not always one sided.
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

aww i pic would be nice?? and its their loss not yours, to see the banks go through what they are at the moment i sit and think... about flipping time..... and will they get away with it? of course they will!

Comment

on the paper version there is a picture(page 12 and 13) bottom of the page

Comment

when was that out then i missed it?? im gutted!! you couldve been my toyboy!! haha

Comment

Have posted suitably scathing post

Just a thought but whilst job hunting why don't consider offering your services to CAB At least it'll make the news & all most certainly pee the bank off

Comment

pmsl. the story was out today. I don't have a copy as yet but my mother does.
              I don't want to pee the bank off yet. They still need to pay me next week

Comment

I take my hat off to you for your respect for the bank and your ex-colleagues even after all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                  I don't want to pee the bank off yet. They still need to pay me next week
                  Will you be getting your bonus?
                  Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
                    Gross misconduct comes with a loss of pay and benefits. The rules around the bonus is that I have to be working on the date it is paid.
                    As termination was the 11th February 2009, I am eligible for £0 bonus. I was expecting a bonus from last year in this months' pay. I won't receive that.
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    "lets see if all these people come running to help him pay his mortgage and bill at the end of the month - i doubt it very much My bills do not come out at the end of the month and I don't have a mortgage. The swift sacking was not that swift so I had time to re arrange my finances to cope with my lack of income.

as a whistleblower - who will employee him now.. silly man."
                    Part of my reason for speaking to a national newspaper was on the basis that I at least have a specific reason why I got sacked. I was always open who I worked for and I still am.

For everyone else. The above quoted comment is on the Independent on Sunday website where comments can be left.

Last edited by natweststaffmember; 16th February 2009, 07:52:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't agree with the summation that the bank are as described. As the article states, I breached a duty of trust towards the bank and the bank cut me down. Furthermore, it was not as swift as the article alleges but the ending was the correct decision. I hope that the image I have given across forums is a positive one of bank staff. Please do not use this article on me as a stick to beat frontline branch staff because they are my former colleagues and I have the highest respect for them, regardless of anything.

That was just my opinion, directed at the board level who pay millions of (now taxpayers) pounds on an advertising campaign promoting free impartial advice to one and all. This, they would have us believe it is not a thinly veiled attempt to push their in house products or poach clients from other banks. They then fire a champion of genuine free impartial advice. In the same week the press is reporting that their own staff is promoting the concept of requesting bank charges back (and rightly soon the basis of free impartial advice).

Lets roll forward a couple of years when the Banks are routinely refunding charges on application as the result of the outcome of the OFT test case (especially those who maybe did not get the declaration from the court re penalties, as requested). Who would customers trust to oversee such an operation you or .......... (answers on a post card).

I see that Paul Moore (ex HBOS-re James Crosby resignation from FSA) is now returning to work.

Perhaps they will listen to him now?
                      Last edited by ROBSTER; 16th February 2009, 09:59:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Gross misconduct comes with a loss of pay and benefits. The rules around the bonus is that I have to be working on the date it is paid.
                        As termination was the 11th February 2009, I am eligible for £0 bonus. I was expecting a bonus from last year in this months' pay. I won't receive that.
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        "lets see if all these people come running to help him pay his mortgage and bill at the end of the month - i doubt it very much My bills do not come out at the end of the month and I don't have a mortgage. The swift sacking was not that swift so I had time to re arrange my finances to cope with my lack of income.

as a whistleblower - who will employee him now.. silly man."
                        Part of my reason for speaking to a national newspaper was on the basis that I at least have a specific reason why I got sacked. I was always open who I worked for and I still am.

For everyone else. The above quoted comment is on the Independent on Sunday website where comments can be left.

I read it & responded with "wanna bet"

Comment

I've just been thinking (oh no I hear you all shouting) well here's what I'm thinking....

If the Nat West heirarchy had any brains or savvy about them they could have turned this situation into an advantage all round. They would realise that you Nattie has done the public a great service, therefore they should have promoted you to a role of something like senior advisor and used the publicity to their advantage.
                          Instead they have 'let go' a champion for the consumer and have even further have lost more of what little respect was left.

So Nat West if you can see this have a bloody good think and look at the bigger picture and realise that you have thrown away a great big opportunity of improving your awfully shoddy reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
                            i think youre the only one who deserves one!!

Comment

Well, that is a bugger. I hope you get a new job soon... is there a way to appeal, and delay your sacking until after the bonus date?
                              Last edited by tomterm8; 17th February 2009, 01:11:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomterm8 View Post
                                Well, that is a bugger. I hope you get a new job soon... is there a way to appeal, and delay your sacking until after the bonus date?

Unless I am OJ simpson and the bank boss who hears the appeal has left his brain out for the day and thinks I am someone else then there is absolutely no way. I am currently going through a course of treatment to debankify myself. It is taking time and I suspect there will be a good few sessions left to go but slowly but surely I am realising that the banks are not what I had assumed. Furthermore, as the sacking was not swift and fast, I have had time to get the finances in place to sort out the short term shortfall. It will be ok

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X