• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forum down Thursday night - from 9pm - to Friday morning.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum down Thursday night - from 9pm - to Friday morning.

We're having a bit of a server change ready to upgrade to a more up to date version of the forum software, so we will unfortunately have to close the forum on Thursday night for a few hours while we move the database over. Hopefully there won't be too much disruption and we'll be back first thing Friday morning - however if you have any problems getting back on, you might need to clear your browser cache ( I think CTRL F5 works to do that ) - sometimes the DNS takes a while to catch up depending which ISP you are on.

Anyway, we will keep everyone updated as much as possible on Facebook and Twitter and of course if you have any problems feel free to post on either of those too.

Apologies for any issues in advance It'll be worth it in the end... ( tbh you probably won't notice any difference but things should work better )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Forum down Thursday night - from 9pm - to Friday morning.

Just bumping this for ref.

Comment

Whooohooooo!

A night off!

With pay?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Double !!

Just bumping as the time is a-coming....
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Just in case I never see you again, it was great knowing you.

Comment

Don't bloody jinx it ! Thankfully we have a professional doing it this time, so shouldn't be any issues .... last time we moved servers Jules and I sat up all night downloading the whole site onto my desktop and reuploading it onto the new server - crazy ridiculous stress.... anyway this time the site is far too big to download anywhere !

Fingers crossed !!
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

All done - hopefully the only difference you will notice is that things are a bit speedier.. ...

Thank you for your patience
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well done. Seems faster, not that it was slow before.

Comment

Welcome back. What a relief.

Comment

Suffered withdrawal symptoms [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      Welcome back. What a relief.
                      I wouldn't hold your breath, we've got the VB forum upgrade to go yet lol.

Comment

shhhhhhhhhhh .....

Actually on that, yes we will be upgrading to VB5 in the next couple weeks - that will be a big change but we are working hard in the background to try ensure everything is pucker before we move over - there will inevitably be a few changes to how things work and where things are ..... but we're trying to limit that as much as possible.Appearance wise it should just be cleaner looking and work properly on mobile without everything overlapping and losing bits ( we now have around 60% visitors access to the site via mobile so think we've put it off as long as we possibly can ) ... I've sneakily been changing the look of the forum a bit over last few weeks so the change is less in your face when it comes ( moving posters info to left hand side, making avatars into circles ( though Des's has gone to a weird oval shape lol ), changing dog bones and stuff like that ( bet you hadn't even noticed ) )

Sneak peak of what it will look like at top of here https://legalbeagles.info/home/about-lb/ - so not much difference really - main bit is the moving of the log in to top left rather than top right, and putting search top right ( at the moment search vanishes entirely in mobile view - not great !)

Will keep you all updated anyway
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Oh nearly forgot - we're going to https too - the website is now on https ( so should see the green padlock thingy in the browser bar ) - the forum will take a bit longer to sort out but it's coming so we're all secure.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Being computer illiterate and without a mobile I haven't got a clue what that post was about [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION],, but I like the individual consideration I receive (I think?) lol

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              Suffered withdrawal symptoms @ostell?
                              Yep, went to have a last look last night before retiring, and met with (almost) NOTHING

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X