• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Great Grandchild Investment bonds

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great Grandchild Investment bonds

    Bit of a strange one.. My late mother took out NS and I children bonus bonds for her great grandson ( my grandson) in 2010 . She died in 2015 but have only just started to feel able to go trough certain things.

    Probate was all dealt with but I'd forgotten about this acc.

    I wish to change it into another acc which I want to set up for him but was told to withdraw the amount (it's not a large amount just a few hundred pounds) I need the signature of a parent.

    My grandson doesn't live with his Mum ( my daughter ) and I don't have contact with his Dad or step Mum.

    How can I do this or is it not possible .

    My grandson is 13 . I am still in close contact with him

    Many thanks
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Great Grandchild Investment bonds

    Hi bb41,
    Sorry for delay just catching up after leave. Who does your grandson live with? The parents or guardians will effectively be the trustee of the bonds until your grandson is 18, hence they require their signature to transfer monies.
    Could you not write to whoever he is living with or who has parental responsibility for him explaining the situation and asking them to help?
    If this is not possible maybe you should leave the bonds where they are and just set up a new one for him from you?
    Not ideal I know but maybe an option?
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.



    See more
    See less

    upgrade to vip

    Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

    only £15/yr

    Offers available. No subscription traps.

    sign up now

    Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

    make a complaint

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm