• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor disposal of belongings and non communication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor disposal of belongings and non communication

Hi there,

Have posted previously regarding a very non communicative executor. Literally no communication in a number of months.

After speaking to a solicitor and explaining the situation, they have said some concerning things.

Namely the executor has said she donated the contents of my grandmothers property to charity. This is apparantly not allowed to be done, the contents should have been placed in storage and she may have broken the law. Is this correct? Also if my sister, niece and I are the sole beneficiaries, is she allowed to keep items such as photographs etc or is everything in 'the estate' ours?

It is a very fractured relationship and the lady who is the executor can be extremely spiteful. The problem I have is that we are unable to gain a copy of will as it is not in probate, so We dont actually have any idea what it says etc.

The lack of communication is very suspicious. She has blocked my sisters number to her phone, she is not returning any calls nor messages.

What are the legal rights as beneficiaries?

What happens if the executor does not produce accounts?

Can an executor stop the beneficiaries from receiving inheritance?

Im getting concerned as there has been zero communication apart from the executor apart from one initial message.
    Tags: None

Hiya,I'm in a very similar situation. please may I ask how you got on..
    thanks

Comment

I doubt you'll get a response as op has not been on for over three years

Comment

Oh,shame,I'm new and made my first post yesterday, I'm not sure I posted it right tho. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X