• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Release of funds from Clydesdale need to go through court first?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release of funds from Clydesdale need to go through court first?

Posted on behalf of new user.

Hi, could you offer some advice please. My mum passed away 12/1/14, my sister and I are joint executors of her will but the Clydesdale bank will not release funds from her two bank accounts until solicitor has taken it to sheriff court. The sums in question are approx £4000 and £14000. Solicitor has notified us that it will cost upwards of £1000 to do this, which when mums wishes are granted and her grandchildren are given small monetary amount from her savings we will likely face a shortfall. I am unhappy that this is having to go through courts at all as we are clearly executors of her will, surely the bank are able to release the money from her accounts? Many thanks in anticipation of your help.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Release of funds from Clydesdale need to go through court first?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Clydesdale bank will not release funds from her two bank accounts until solicitor has taken it to sheriff court
    What's 'it'? It would be helpful to know.

Comment

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-...te-in-scotland

Comment

That's the answer then. There's a different procedure for total estate value below and above £36k but there's no requirement to use a solicitor.

Comment

No and I suspect they have to as we do release funds for funeral.

Comment

I've forwarded that link on to the OP (as well as asked her to come register etc). so Thank you both xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              there's no requirement to use a solicitor.
              Other than one's desire to keep a poor, starving advocate from having to resort to the parish workhouse?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X