• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Distribution of Estate Assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribution of Estate Assets

I was wondering if anyone could help

We have sadly lost both of our parents and my brother has been dealing with probate having obtained a grant.

Unfortunately there is a bitter family feud between myself my brother and my sister.

My brother and sister both live abroad and were not as close to my parents as me. After my Mum passed it was just me and Dad, and he gifted some money to me before he died, in much the same way as my mother gifted her jewellery to my sister. However my brother as the administrator has advised via his solicitor that he will deduct that money from my share of the estate when probate closes.

What can I do?

My brother and sister are feuding against me, and as the administrator he seems happy to accept that gifts to my sister are accepted but won't accept cash gifted to me!!

Equally my brother has not kept an accurate inventory of the property and building content, which despite pointing this out to him and the appointed solicitors, is being ignored.

Along side this my brother has paid a care companies invoice which was previously be disputed. Basically the invoice submitted was wrong and I was dealing with this before my father passed. They were massively over charging which I can prove, however my brother has now paid this bill from the estate!!

Any help would be appreciated, as I am concerned that when the estate is finally split he will simply do as he wishes and the law seems to allow this despite his obligations to divide things evenly.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X