• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Active Kaptia calling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Active Kaptia calling

    they called me, unfortunatly for them my last debt was paid in 2000, so its WELL statuate barred..

    gotta love being threatened with legal action and all that shyt

    I removed all rights to the use of my telephone and told them to write to me, but reminded them they cannot legally contact me about a statuate barred debt, so if anyone wants a really easy court case to win... lemme know

    Don't bow down to these numpties... confirm nothing and just keep saying I know you are acting illegally.. they REALLY don't like it
    sigpic

    Past The Rainbow, North of the North Star
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Active Kaptia calling

    Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
    they called me, unfortunatly for them my last debt was paid in 2000, so its WELL statuate barred..

    gotta love being threatened with legal action and all that shyt

    I removed all rights to the use of my telephone and told them to write to me, but reminded them they cannot legally contact me about a statuate barred debt, so if anyone wants a really easy court case to win... lemme know

    Don't bow down to these numpties... confirm nothing and just keep saying I know you are acting illegally.. they REALLY don't like it
    Sorry but they CAN

    Its not advisable for them to do so, but they still can, to an extent

    Just because its statute barred doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means they can't legally enforce payment nor can a court

    If they keep calling then send them the template letter for harassment from the library here
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...assment-Letter
    and you could also incorporate that with the statute barred letter here
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...te-Barred-Debt
    Best wishes

    Gordon

    Advice & opinions of gorang are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
    I am not a solicitor so please seek professional legal advice if you have any doubts as to what I suggest.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Active Kaptia calling

      how did they get your phone number have you the same one as 10 years ago?
      hows the claim against the garage owner the one who nicked your cars?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Active Kaptia calling

        dont know how they got my telephone number, they wouldnt tell me any details because I wouldn't acknowledge any debts!

        I haven't heard about the cars yet, Hubby has made an appointment with the plod
        sigpic

        Past The Rainbow, North of the North Star

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Active Kaptia calling

          Originally posted by Gorang View Post
          Just because its statute barred doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means they can't legally enforce payment nor can a court

          If they keep calling then send them the template letter for harassment from the library here
          Or have some fun with the numpties: link

          An interesting variation - get a swanee whistle - link - so they think they're talking to Tiny Clanger.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Active Kaptia calling

            You could always wind the caller up by claiming to be a worker or cleaner,

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Active Kaptia calling

              Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
              You could always wind the caller up by claiming to be a worker or cleaner,
              Or a burglar.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Active Kaptia calling

                Well, it gives you something to do; can't have you messing about on fb all day, can we!

                :scared::bolt:
                CAVEAT LECTOR

                This is only my opinion - "
                Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

                You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

                There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

                "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

                Comment

                View our Terms and Conditions

                LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.


                If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

                Announcement

                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Loading...

                upgrade to vip

                Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

                only £15/yr

                Offers available. No subscription traps.

                sign up now



                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                Find a Law Firm


                Working...
                X