• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Silent Phone Calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Phone Calls

Just recently I have had a number of 'silent' calls both on my mobile and on the landline, I've had a google and found this helpful site for future reference for anyone experiencing the same. Just type in the number and hopefully you can find out who the culprits are and if needed (ie a DCA) you can send them the harrassment letter, you can adjust it to suit your circumstances.

The site address: Phone Call Comments

The harrassment letter: Legal Beagles

Re: Silent Phone Calls

Usually these silent calls are done by autodiallers

Which is when the computer system calls you , then when you answer it tries to connect you to an agent. If there are no agents available within a certain it just hangs up on you.
    And keeps repaeting the process at random times until it finally connects.

I have a letter from Sky, regarding nuisance calls, at home which details a lot of ways to stop these things, I will post it up later.

Comment

I believe Barclaycard were ticked off for this behaviour recently. They didn't have enough staff to answer the calls the auto-dialer generated and it resulted in 'silent calls.'

Comment

They did Barclaycard answers to Ofcom over silent calls - Legal Beagles
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Which is why sometimes an answer machine comes on when you answer. I hate that, being phoned by a bloody answer machine! lol
          Sally xx
          P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
          life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
          Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Just a bit of info Legal Beagles
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This happened to me some time ago, before our house was repo'd. I was very depressed and pregnant at the time, it got to the point that I was physically shaking every time the phone rang. We never did find out who it was, but we were getting masses of letters from Robinson Way and co at the time. Fortunately I never gave my new number to any creditors once we moved so it hasn't happened since, but I would love to give them a piece of my mind now.

Comment

I had the police involved when I received a spate of these silent calls over a period of two months a few years back. I was suffering from some bullying and harrassment elsewhere too and these calls really scared me, and yes I stopped answering my telephone. I don't recall which company it was now but I was so relieved when I was told that it wasn't malicious.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Silent phone calls can amount to section 39 and/or section 47 assualt I have recently had to do a piece about it for my criminal law module will find out the case regarding it and post it up.........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X