• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Little help with a alleged debt with Lowell and Vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help with a alleged debt with Lowell and Vodafone

So, I'm at a loss here as ive had this alleged debt come through from Lowell for a Vodafone contract (which i never actually had) i challenged it and they basically told me they dont need to provide me with the agreement for the contract o.O?

Either way for "proof" they have provided a bunch of statements with numbers etc for some months, and turns out i allegedly had two contracts with them,

Anyway i didn't and dont recall them and have never had the contracts, i obviously have my own contract which was paid for via my bank at the time that i was supposedly with these.

Moving on a bit i did some digging to find out it was done through a website called mobilefonesdirect, i spoke with them who as soon as i told them i didn't get the contract out suddenly stopped contact with me

So what i am asking now is how do i even proceed with this? The statements say its in my name etc but the address is my old address (i broke with my ex so have a feeling i know exactly how this happened)

Did speak with the police and was told i would need to prove it o.O How helpful!
    Tags: None

Hi stormy121,

Thanks for making me aware of this..

So we can access the account in question and investigate the concerns you've got, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also need quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that it's been received.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Last edited by Vodafone Company Rep; 28th June 2018, 11:36:AM. Reason: Typo
    I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

So i did as you said but i got no where, the site wouldn't work and stated the code was invalid? Im starting to get rather frustrated! upon looking further into these "statements" Lowell have provided it would seem only one of the accounts was used by someone, to top it off there is actually 3 accounts! two of which have no statement history? the hell is going on....

Comment

Hopefully Lee will look back in... for now I would get a SAR http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/ sent off to Vodafone AND to
        mobilefonesdirect
        to find out more information about these alleged accounts, how they were applied for and where the alleged balances have come from.

Actually I can't find anything on mobile fones direct except companieshouse info which says they dissolved in 2013? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07696789
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Hopefully Lee will look back in... for now I would get a SAR http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/ sent off to Vodafone AND to
          mobilefonesdirect
          to find out more information about these alleged accounts, how they were applied for and where the alleged balances have come from.

Actually I can't find anything on mobile fones direct except companieshouse info which says they dissolved in 2013? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07696789
          Thanks for your input, its a really hard one when lowell just become threatening with the normal "you owe us" rubbish they spew and its driving me slightly nuts with not knowing who it was or how it came about, even if it did come about? arg thanks for the input whats a SAR request exactly?

Comment

Just a request for the company to send you all the data they hold about you personally - this should include transaction lists, contracts, call recordings, screen notes and so on, so should give you a better idea of where these alleged debts have arisen.

Have you got any details on this mobilefonesdirect company ? It's just bugging me I can't find anything.

Lee Vodafone Company Rep just tagging xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

So is this Lee guy going to comment? also should i send a SAR to Lowell too?

Comment

Hi stormy121,

Thanks for returning to the thread.

I've just tried the form and can confirm that it's working as normal.

Once you've clicked on the link I provided on 25 May and entered the code WRT135, the rest of the form will appear for you to complete.

If you experience any further difficulties, please email us with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk.

To make sure that the email reaches us, please quote WRT135 in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post
                  Hi stormy121,

Thanks for returning to the thread.

I've just tried the form and can confirm that it's working as normal.

Once you've clicked on the link I provided on 25 May and entered the code WRT135, the rest of the form will appear for you to complete.

If you experience any further difficulties, please email us with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk.

To make sure that the email reaches us, please quote WRT135 in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
                  I've a question, why do i need that code?

Comment

So your query can be identified back to this thread ( and you ) one would assume Lee Vodafone Company Rep ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

So your query can be identified back to this thread ( and you ) one would assume Lee Vodafone Company Rep ?
                      Ye ive an issue with that and thats why i asked, im not ok with anyone being able to identify my online username with me.

Comment

Have you got any more detail on the mobilefonesdirect company btw? and did you send them the SAR?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, for Lee to be able to look into the account from Vodafone's end he'd need some detail to know what to look at, it's entirely understandable if you'd prefer not to do that. Have you tried contacting Vodafone directly to find more information out about these alleged debts? I'm still not sure how you got the info they had been applied for through this mobilefonedirect company ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, for Lee to be able to look into the account from Vodafone's end he'd need some detail to know what to look at, it's entirely understandable if you'd prefer not to do that. Have you tried contacting Vodafone directly to find more information out about these alleged debts? I'm still not sure how you got the info they had been applied for through this mobilefonedirect company ?
                            Easily, i'm currently in dispute with Lowell who gave me a breakdown of the alleged debt, this consisted of 3 different numbers. Only one of them had actually been used mind, which had a bunch of numbers that had been called etc, and some details on where the debt originated from, However didn't give details used to get the alleged debts, so as far as im concerned im not paying for something i have never used.

I actually have spoken with vodaphone a year or so ago as i saw the vodaphone account on my noodle account, i did contact them and asked who the hell it was who they gave it two but they couldnt give me any info unless i gave them the account number or mobile number....which you guessed it i couldnt as i didnt actually have it, however at that time it was being paid but obviously it wasnt me who had it.

So you can see how its abit of a complex one (you can see on noodle if a contract is being paid etc however you would also be able to see that neither of my banks was paying for this contract so i could easily prove someone else had gotten it in my name, at least thats how i feel about it)

Comment

Originally posted by stormy121 View Post

Ye ive an issue with that and thats why i asked, im not ok with anyone being able to identify my online username with me.
                              Unfortunately, without that, Lee cannot help.

Under DPA (and the new version) anyone that works for the organisation is going to have to identify you. Lee would be breaking the law if he didn't ask for this. I would be very surprised if anyone from either organisation is going to be able to help without the info.

I speak from experience, where as Lee works Vodafone, I worked for the Enemy (O2) and have worked in close contact with Lee for years. I can vouch for his integrity and his willingness to help you more, but you are going to have to meet him halfway in order for him to do that.
                              PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X