• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cancelling a TalkTalk contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling a TalkTalk contract

Daughter of friends on mine flew the nest and set up home in a rented flat. Set up with TalkTalk for phone and broadband. Daughter is now ill, not able to work, not able to for some time ahead, and has had to give up the flat and hence has an unfinished contract with Talk Talk. Contract terminates 2020 and TalkTalk want £300 to terminate,

Anybody ever managed to get out of a TalkTalk contract early without penalty, other than on an increase in price?
    Tags: None

Only due to them applying a charge to our account incorrectly, we rang to remove it and were basically called liars by their Customer Contact Centre reps.

We escalated it to the CEO whose Exec team investigated and then we told them we wanted out.

Have a real good look at the bills for charges etc.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks, I'll pass that on. It's just thee circumstances, she's not at the address any longer because she can't work and can't afford the rent and would like to get out of TalkTalk contract. I have given them the email address of the CEO and suggested they try that route and go for the sympathy vote.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X