• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moving Out but Ex staying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Out but Ex staying

Hello,

I think this is the right area.
    Me and the ex gf have had our own home for 7.5 Years and she left me in Oct 2013 and was shortly with someone else.

I still paid the bills ( all utilis and mortgage are in my name ) I have now met someone else and we are working to live together.

The ex wants to stay in the family home with the 3 children. I would like all the utility bills to be transferred in her name ( not cancelled as such ) as i dont see why i should contunie to pay ( considering her new partner has been living there since oct too )

Also, the mortgage is in my name ( interst only ) and i have told her i will soon be stopping this DD and it will be down to her. I have told her i personally will not be asking her to leave or sell, but how can i make sure all if under her responsibility and i am in the clear.

So if she has to sell or cant afford anything, it all on her not me,
    To date - all utils are in credit.

I have already cancelled Elec, BT, SKy and have emailed them explaning i have left and she will be paying.

Thanks for advice
    Quasar
    Tags: None

Re: Moving Out but Ex staying

If the mortgage is in your name only then it is you that owes it and the one who will be hounded if you stop paying it.

Comment

what if i drew up an agreement with the ex -stating and signed that she will take over payments and be held liable- she will of course know if she dont pay ill be hounded to sell !

Comment

You could make such an agreement, but it would not be binding on the mortgage provider. To do things properly, she'll need to get a mortgage in her own name and 'buy you out'.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Maybe a proper tenancy agreement would be better, but you would need to let your lender know or rather ask permission to do this and then set up the agreement. If you are happy for the rent amount just to cover the mortgage then fair enough but you would also be liable for other costs ie repairs etc and that should be taken in to account.

Comment

"but you would also be liable for other costs ie repairs etc and that should be taken in to account."

what if i said no i dont want to be responsible for that and she signed something to agree to it.

Comment

All that would have to be put in the tenancy agreement just who is responsible for what.
              Also your lender may insist on a re mortgage for a buy to let one but that you would have to take up with them.

Comment

you say that " The ex wants to stay in the family home with the 3 children." are they your children if so.

Will the children benefit if she moves back into the home (schools/friends).
                Last edited by vanman; 24th April 2014, 20:24:PM.
                Don't let them grind you down

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X